Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2011, 09:25 PM

XP - Arrrrgh

After reinstalling XP at the weekend I've had over 140 updates from Microsoft . . . I know XP is near the end of it's day but I like it . . . plus all my sofware is set up for XP, it'd cost me a fortune to replace all the stuff I have.
There were two really large updates . . service pack 3 and 3.5 . . it took ages to install them.

One problem still persists though . . . I use Firefox and it's continually crashing . . . on re-start I get a message from them "well this is embarrasing is'nt it" why the hell don't they fix the bleedin thing instead of apologising.
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2011, 10:28 PM

Re: XP - Arrrrgh

I also use XP and Firefox and have very few problems. although saying that I do have one at the mo, but I think I need to de-frag, which I intend to do overnight tonight.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2011, 01:18 AM

I also use XP and will continue to do so as I'm used to it. I used IE8 though and not Firefox.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2011, 08:09 AM

Nero have you got the latest vesion of Firefox?

If you have see if you can get an earlier version from MajorGeeks.com and see if that keeps crashing. If it does then your problem is with XP.

Go to microsoft and contact them with your problem and they will send you a way to get over it.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2011, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Nero have you got the latest vesion of Firefox?

If you have see if you can get an earlier version from MajorGeeks.com and see if that keeps crashing. If it does then your problem is with XP.

Go to microsoft and contact them with your problem and they will send you a way to get over it.
Thanks Bob . . . Microsoft are aware of the probs, this is why I continually get updates from them . . I spoke to a chap in the local PC shop today and he said Firefox crashes with him too . . I'll contact Mozilla and see what's up . . . usually I have no problems with it.

When it locks up I have no option but to press the re-start button, the mouse does'nt function nor does the keyboard.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2011, 07:48 AM

Dennis have you tried other web browsers?

If so have they not caused any problems?
nero
Central Scotland

21-07-2011, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Dennis have you tried other web browsers?

If so have they not caused any problems?
I'll stick with Firefox for the moment mate . . . still more updates are coming through . . I've had 5 this morning already's . . if I disappear from the forum in mid sentence you'll all know I'll be back.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2011, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
I'll stick with Firefox for the moment mate . . . still more updates are coming through . . I've had 5 this morning already's . . if I disappear from the forum in mid sentence you'll all know I'll be back.
I have Firefox 5, no probs at all with it ...... maybe you need to change to a Mac, Denis!
aitch
Wigan
aitch is male  aitch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2011, 02:47 PM

I also am still with XP, and have been told that it will be 2015 before XP will cease to exist, so I for one will carry on regardless
nero
Central Scotland

22-07-2011, 02:35 AM

Just spent the last 3 hours deleting all the updates from XP . . then I re-installed the whole thing again . . if you need to re-install XP do not select automatic updates like they recommend . . do it manually . . the most important one is service pack 3 (it was released in 2009) . . . if you install other updates before this one you'll get what I've got . . a pain in the ass.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top