Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2011, 07:55 PM

Re: Dont blame your computer

And some of us here who've benefitted from their help also are very grateful! Three cheers for helpful sons!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2011, 08:21 PM

I have a son like that but he can also speak to me as if I amnot all together there! Who told him that!!!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2011, 08:40 PM

For a long time I didn't know what a GOTO was - it really had me baffled. It was my son who eventually told me that it was simply "go to" - he now has started patting me on the head and I am sure he thinks I am in the land of the bewildered.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2011, 09:11 PM

I think we've done pretty good, all in all. Most of us haven't had any formal training at all and have learned as we go along with some help from friends or family, advice on the forum from helpful members and what we could find for ourselves in a Google search of "How to.??").

I lost my forward and back arrows yesterday which makes it almost impossible to move around; at one time I would have panicked, but started Googling and eventually found out how to get to the toolbar and restore the default. The trouble is I don't know what I did to delete them, but at least if it happens again I'll know how to fix it.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2011, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
The trouble is I don't know what I did to delete them, but at least if it happens again I'll know how to fix it.
I don't remember, I have to look it up all over again I do have a sharp brain but don't want to absorb anything I don't need to nowadays.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

01-12-2011, 10:20 PM

Maryl, I keep a little notebook in my desk with stuff like that written down for that very reason!
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2011, 10:22 PM

That's the best idea Eileen. I will have to do one but of course I never think I am going to make the same stupid mistake again do I?
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

01-12-2011, 10:24 PM

LOL, but we do, don't we!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2011, 10:48 PM

Good one AB - that could have been me when I first got a laptop Got a laptap couple of years ago, didn't know the first thing about them, still don't know too much now, am not computer literate at all but get by somehow
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

01-12-2011, 10:58 PM

Computer literate? I'm not ready to do the equivalent of reading Ulysses or War and Peace, unlike some here, but I do think I've graduated from the ABC book to the First Reader!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top