Join for free
Page 4 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2012, 09:58 PM

Re: I've got cancer!

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
It might be worth checking Alicat. Most hospitals here have wifi and I'm sure many in UK will have too.
If there is those tellys in there that each patient has and you have to pay to use believe me clumsy, I won't need no laptop, I'm a tv addict Also a radio to listen to all through the night. All these using headphones of course. Thanks alot.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2012, 07:12 AM

I lost a kidney to cancer. Other bladder operations as well. The news that I had cancer seemed a death sentence at the time but I'm still here 26 years later.

An attitude of mind helps. Not a 'determination' frame of mind perhaps but more just getting on with life the best you can regardless. It's the doctors and nurses that do the fighting part and they do this really well. All we can do as patients is keep turning up for the appointments.

I site my own problem only as a way of saying that cancer isn't always the end.

All the best to you.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2012, 07:41 AM

Looks like some tough times ahead Alison, but absolutely the best of luck with things and here's great big (((((HUGS))))) to you and Mr A.....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2012, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I lost a kidney to cancer. Other bladder operations as well. The news that I had cancer seemed a death sentence at the time but I'm still here 26 years later.

An attitude of mind helps. Not a 'determination' frame of mind perhaps but more just getting on with life the best you can regardless. It's the doctors and nurses that do the fighting part and they do this really well. All we can do as patients is keep turning up for the appointments.

All the best to you.
I think it does Mart it is thought that the way we react to things getting stressed/worrying can affect the production of antibodies and way our body is able to overcome illness.

I believe when we come to terms with being told we have a serious condition, if we try not to worry and instead relax our body and mind, it gives both our body and the medical profession a better chance of making us well.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2012, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
If there is those tellys in there that each patient has and you have to pay to use believe me clumsy, I won't need no laptop, I'm a tv addict Also a radio to listen to all through the night. All these using headphones of course. Thanks alot.
Alison darlin' Another little tip. Since you're having Patientline television and telephone, there are many channels you'll have access to and you'll never be able to remember which is which nor what is on at any particular time, so take a copy of the Radio Times with you when you go into hospital. Its also a lot cheaper for you to 'phone out than for your friends and family to 'phone in, so take your 'phone address book with you too.
Lady Angler
Lancashire
Lady Angler is female  Lady Angler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2012, 10:25 AM

Sorry to hear this Alicat.I was really hoping it would be better
news,however like a lot of members, I know someone who had the same operation over 30 years ago and she's been like a new woman ever since.Stay positive and I hope all goes well.

Best wishes to you and your family....We're all rooting for you.xx
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2012, 11:39 AM

Best wishes Alicat.
I am sure you will be fine, these days they have moved on in leaps and bounds.
If you have the will power to shed 3 stone I am sure you will conquer this.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2012, 11:59 AM

The very best of luck to you Alicat, you are a fighter so just carry on fighting, you will be up and about in no time at all, my very best wishes to you.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2012, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->

I'm sorry to hear about your problem with cancer mart but brilliant you overcame it. I am a very positive person also and I feel a bit better from when I first started this thread.

It's just that the surgeons put the wind up you, he looked at my tummy and said "you are a very tubby person aren't you". I am trying soooo hard to lose more weight but I can't wave a magic wand and it's all gone.

Thank you for your reply.
All the best to you.
Alicat
West Berkshire

11-08-2012, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Looks like some tough times ahead Alison, but absolutely the best of luck with things and here's great big (((((HUGS))))) to you and Mr A.....
Thanks Plantman

Page 4 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top