Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 04:59 PM

Re: Meagan loses first newspaper case

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Yes, if anything, she should be suing her Dad.

Well Dongle, I know how hurt I would have been if my Dad had shown the press a private letter I had given him.
Surely anyone would be angry, wouldn't they?

He used to always be pleading for contact with his daughter, but from what I've seen, he's gone about things in a very strange way to earn someone's trust.

As usual, there is always much we do not know.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Yes, if anything, she should be suing her Dad.
He has no money .
He spend quite a lot of it on Meghan’s private education .
She won’t win.
The truth is her and the besotted Harry treated her father badly.
He was an embarrassment and now he’s more of an embarrassment.
So what lots of people have embarrassing relatives [ especially the royal family they have cartloads of them )
But he’s really didn’t do anything wrong in the first place .
I believe Meghans massive ego makes her believe she can do anything and les face it she has done pretty well so far .
But to take on the Mail is a step far too far .
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
He has no money .
He spend quite a lot of it on Meghan’s private education .
She won’t win.
The truth is her and the besotted Harry treated her father badly.
He was an embarrassment and now he’s more of an embarrassment.
So what lots of people have embarrassing relatives [ especially the royal family they have cartloads of them )
But he’s really didn’t do anything wrong in the first place .
I believe Meghans massive ego makes her believe she can do anything and les face it she has done pretty well so far .
But to take on the Mail is a step far too far .
Absolutely agree. That awful woman is a monster.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 05:13 PM

I must admit I have never taken to the woman, but from we see, I don't like her Father or siblings either, none of 'em.
Her Mother keeps herself out of the limelight fairly well though, and seems the least embarrassing of the lot.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well Dongle, I know how hurt I would have been if my Dad had shown the press a private letter I had given him.
Surely anyone would be angry, wouldn't they?

He used to always be pleading for contact with his daughter, but from what I've seen, he's gone about things in a very strange way to earn someone's trust.

As usual, there is always much we do not know.
Mups really they alienated her family from the very start .
Firstly Harry’s clumsily statement - to the world press when he first presented her to the RF .

Apparently she felt right at home to quote Harry ‘ they were the family she had never had ‘

Well it’s true that she never had a royal family as family but she did have a family .

This statement incensed the Markle family !
She did have a father ,mother sister and brother dysfunction as they might be there are plenty of pictures of her smiling with her father and she lived with him for years .

As for him selling pictures to the press of getting ready for the wedding ( as I understand it ) is that really such a big deal ?
He’s not a man used to the limelight , he’s not rich ,I can’t see what all the fuss was about .
It would have been easily forgotten in the excitement of the royal wedding .
Everything is a drama with the privacy obsessed Sussexes Who only want publicity on their terms
Fair enough but don’t take PUBLIC MONEY if you want a private life .
As for the letter it looks Thomas Markle is as fiesty as his daughter perhaps that’s where she got it from -he has been hurt and hurt people hit out .
It was not marked ‘ private and confidential’ so it was within Markle seniors right to sell it one presumes .

They are launching their silly law suit when thousands of people are dying from corona virus and losing their jobs ?

Do they not see how inappropriate this is ?

They that still owe the country for the refurbishment of Frogmore and an over the top wedding ?

Win or lose The Mail will win .
We in this country cannot have censorship of the press and no doubt this will open all sorts of cans of worms .
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 05:47 PM

I agree with tabby. Meagen is nothing but an attention seeker. She dropped her dad like a ton of bricks, that man treat her like a princess as she was growing up and he adored her.

I remember watching an interview with him and he was a broken man who was set up by the media.

She is a hard faced woman and quite frankly I'm glad she lost. I hope doesn't win any case against the media. She wanted a prince, got the prince but didn't want the things that normally come by marrying a prince.

Can't stand her and wish she would just go away.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 06:56 PM

There is an article on Yahoo News about this. The thing that got me thinking about the role of the Mail on Sunday in all of this is that the Yahoo article mentions about an interview that 5 of Meghan's did with the 'People' magazine. In the interview, the letter from Meghan to her father was mentioned. This was the very first time that a letter from daughter to father was mentioned. So of course, the tabloid papers hear about this and go after the letter. The tabloid press know's that due to past experiences with Meghan's father, they know he can be easily manipulated, especially by the press.

Now the questions that need to be put to both Meghan's father and the person from the Mail on Sunday who went to Mexico to obtain the letter, or at least get a copy of it , is was her father coerced, manipulated or pressured in to giving the employee from the Mail on Sunday the letter. What had the papers editor told this person to do and/or the lengths to go to to get the letter so the paper could publish it.

I bet you the paper got her father to sign a NDA which would prevent him from discussing how the paper obtained the letter and they will use that NDA against him when he testifies because if there is an NDA, after the court hearing, the paper would then sue her father for breach of contract.

All her father has to do is say the wrong things in how the newspaper handled getting the letter and the Mail on Sunday is screwed.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

01-05-2020, 07:04 PM

If her friends had leaked parts of the letter already ( the parts that showed him in a bad light ) its not surprising he published the rest of it to show how things are in context.
It will take more than that to 'screw' the mail .
Win or lose the Mail will win and Meghan will be shown in a bad light . Its doesn't do to call your elderly ill father a liar in open court.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 08:31 PM

I've been waiting forever (it seems) for this lawsuit to start.
I know it's only very early days yet, but hearing today's news on this preliminary to it all (or whatever they call it), I punched the air

Woohoo great start
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2020, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Her father passed the letter to the DM. The question is who owns the copyright of the letter, Cringe or her dad in the absence of a copyright statement.
I would think that once a letter has been sent it becomes the property of the person it was sent to. If MM's father gave it to the DM then surely it is his right to do so. It is no longer the property of MM.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top