Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 09:45 PM

Just talked to a man in the pub........

...........a visitor from Scotland, with his (male) partner.

He was talking about radical muslims in the UK and saying that there are many UK cities which are total no-go areas to white people. Where a muslim would curse a white man and threaten him, based solely on his colour. He specifically mentioned city centres including Bradford, some areas in Birmingham.........and others I can't recall.

Is this "really" the case? Or was he exaggerating......... Got to say I didn't take to him - said he'd worked as a lecturer in London and that was his manner - lecturering, not discussing. We're a friendly bunch down 'ere and expect visitors to be much the same - not this guy! He obviously didn't like women and said how much he'd enjoyed the fact that women's pension age had gone up..........equality at last, was his view. "The women knew what they were doing, they had choices".........stupid man.........knows nothing about women in that day and age.

Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 09:54 PM

Re: Just talked to a man in the pub........

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
...........a visitor from Scotland, with his (male) partner.

He was talking about radical muslims in the UK and saying that there are many UK cities which are total no-go areas to white people. Where a muslim would curse a white man and threaten him, based solely on his colour. He specifically mentioned city centres including Bradford, some areas in Birmingham.........and others I can't recall.

Is this "really" the case? Or was he exaggerating......... Got to say I didn't take to him - said he'd worked as a lecturer in London and that was his manner - lecturering, not discussing. We're a friendly bunch down 'ere and expect visitors to be much the same - not this guy! He obviously didn't like women and said how much he'd enjoyed the fact that women's pension age had gone up..........equality at last, was his view. "The women knew what they were doing, they had choices".........stupid man.........knows nothing about women in that day and age.

He doesn't sound like he is a very nice man and sounds quite bitter and I wish I could say yes he was but I'm afraid he wasn't exaggerating about no go areas. I live in a heavy populated Muslim area not too far from Bradford and there are definitely no go areas around here.

A couple of months back we had a incident where many muslim men set upon a white bloke who was on his own and they severely beat him.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/...d-two-16585473
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
He doesn't sound like he is a very nice man and sounds quite bitter and I wish I could say yes he was but I'm afraid he wasn't exaggerating about no go areas. I live in a heavy populated Muslim area not too far from Bradford and there are definitely no go areas around here.

A couple of months back we had a incident where many muslim men set upon a white bloke who was on his own and they severely beat him.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/...d-two-16585473

I agree about him being bitter. I should have asked him if he'd had a bad relationship with his mother........!!!!

As far as the no go areas are concerned - how did it get to be that bad? And what can be done to re-establish our green and pleasant land.......whilst observing PC niceties of course. We're obviously very sheltered from that down here.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 10:24 PM

There were parts of Birmingham like that twenty years ago. Not sure if it's still like that or in any other cities. Even children could be intimidating. I've not seen it elsewhere but then you have to live somewhere to really experience such things.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 10:34 PM

You have to live elsewhere but revisit, for a refresher course.
Lindyloo
isle of wight

04-10-2019, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
You have to live elsewhere but revisit, for a refresher course.
Makes me realise how sheltered we are here...........so glad to be here though!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 10:39 PM

He does sound an obnoxious type of man.

I have heard of ‘no go’ areas in the U.K.

I suppose many ex pats all live in the same area in Spain.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 10:39 PM

Quite, there has been change, just depends how an individual interprets it.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 11:59 PM

You should have walked away as soon as this arrogant prick started lecturing you.
He's obviously got issues with women...his partner is another bloke for starters.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2019, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
You should have walked away as soon as this arrogant prick started lecturing you.
He's obviously got issues with women...his partner is another bloke for starters.

I agree.
I would have walked away and left him talking to himself.

Was he sober do you think, Lindy?
Perhaps he was gobby because of the boozy?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top