Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 06:00 PM

Re: Policeman may lose his job

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, that's the one Baz, I should have put a link up.
Ta muchly.
You are more than welcome Mups.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 06:02 PM

Personally...I believe,unless you have suffered from racial abuse...it's hard to understand maybe...I know a Bangladesh woman...who has suffered at the hands of racists.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 06:05 PM

For god's sake everyone is offended ......get the hell over it
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
For god's sake everyone is offended ......get the hell over it

Shall we get offended about not feeling offended, Queenie?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Shall we get offended about not feeling offended, Queenie?
I m offended you even suggested that hehe
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 06:46 PM

Well, he was a Sergeant and she was a Constable and he was picking up on another constable’s joke about her religious dietary restrictions in front of her peers.

Without knowing the back story and context behind her complaint, it’s hard to say whether I would have brushed it off as part of a bit of regular good natured banter that we enjoyed as a group - or whether he was one of those bully type Sergeants who think it’s funny to make jokes at the expense of a constable who can’t easily answer him back in front of her peers?
If he was one of those types and he made a habit of teasing and jibes towards her, Pizzagate may have been the last straw that made her decide to challenge his behaviour.

I have known police Sergeants like that years ago - not jokes about food but about other stuff - they think they are funny but they are a pita and it is most unpleasant if you happen to be the one that your line manager is always picking on. If you say anything, they either get nasty or tease more and make out you’re over sensitive because it should have been obvious they were joking.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Quite agree with your comment about it being just a pizza. How did you know it was a woman Longdogs, no link was given? I guess you must have checked it out as I did too, found this link below, hope it's the correct news item?:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9209176.html

This race and religion business is really getting to be a little much, when will it ever end and when will people stop using the race / religion card? All this just defies belief, it really does!
I didn't check Baz but Mups wrote 'the Sergeant dangled a slice of his pizza over hers'.

Of course, we live in an age where a pizza delivery is likely to turn up quicker than the police.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Boot ->
Well, he was a Sergeant and she was a Constable and he was picking up on another constable’s joke about her religious dietary restrictions in front of her peers.

Without knowing the back story and context behind her complaint, it’s hard to say whether I would have brushed it off as part of a bit of regular good natured banter that we enjoyed as a group - or whether he was one of those bully type Sergeants who think it’s funny to make jokes at the expense of a constable who can’t easily answer him back in front of her peers?
If he was one of those types and he made a habit of teasing and jibes towards her, Pizzagate may have been the last straw that made her decide to challenge his behaviour.

I have known police Sergeants like that years ago - not jokes about food but about other stuff - they think they are funny but they are a pita and it is most unpleasant if you happen to be the one that your line manager is always picking on. If you say anything, they either get nasty or tease more and make out you’re over sensitive because it should have been obvious they were joking.

Boot...I like your way of thinking..always a pleasure to read your posts....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Boot ->

Fair comment and another way of looking at it, Boot.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I didn't check Baz but Mups wrote 'the Sergeant dangled a slice of his pizza over hers'.

Of course, we live in an age where a pizza delivery is likely to turn up quicker than the police.
I missed that rather important word Longdogs, apologies. However, the link I found, according to Mups was the same as the one she had seen.

Your second comment is definitely one I can agree with. Right now I could give you an example of how quickly they can turn up when they want to, but unfortunately I cannot make this public at the moment, maybe in the future I will be able to.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top