Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2010, 01:34 PM

Re: Thursday A day not to forget

The life of one million animals is not worth the life of a decent human being imo (of course people like Mugabe aren't worth the life of a gnat!). I am sickened that some should want to give equal weight to remembering animals, whose suffering cannot be compared to that of humans, in all the conflicts we have been involved in. A purple poppy is as sick as the white ones of peace activists.

I am sorry to be the voice of dissent today of all days, when in my opinion maudling animal sentimentality should have no part in Nov 11th Remembrance.

I realise my remarks with offend the animal lobby, and I certainly don't apologise for that, so I intend to remove myself from the forum and leave the animal huggers in peace.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2010, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dancingsky ->
A purple poppy is as sick as the white ones of peace activis

I realise my remarks with offend the animal lobby, and I certainly don't apologise for that, so I intend to remove myself from the forum and leave the animal huggers in peace.

I never ever in the past have asked someone who was upset and says they will leave the forum.

I am asking you to stay, I am as sickened as you by some of the replies which have no place on this sad day to people who have lost loved ones.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2010, 02:10 PM

Today is a day to remember that hostilities do not thrive
The creatures who fought so bravely and now are not alive,
They gave their life for liberty, Freedom and peace
So please dear friends on these forums let all hostilies cease.

Lives of from all creatures were lost senslessly
Remember which you may,
Please just spare some thoughts and prayers
For the dead on Rememberance day.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2010, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Today is a day to remember that hostilities do not thrive
The creatures who fought so bravely and now are not alive,
They gave their life for liberty, Freedom and peace
So please dear friends on these forums let all hostilies cease.

Lives of from all creatures were lost senslessly
Remember which you may,
Please just spare some thoughts and prayers
For the dead on Rememberance day.
So, so true AB, every life has a purpose and should be remembered on this special day for the bravery shown.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2010, 02:20 PM

In the United States it's a slightly different holiday, Veteran's Day. Here we not only honor those that have given their lives but all who have served. I put up a seperate thread to voice my opinions so I won't repeat them here. If I am angry it's with the men that start wars. War is insanity IMHO.

As far as the animals used in war they are the most innocent victims of all. If we don't stand up for them who will? Veterans Day here is an emotional day for a lot of folks. Survivors, friends & relatives are all affected.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2010, 02:24 PM

Personally, I hate war - but will remember EVERYONE who died (and fought) the soldiers, the animals, and the innocent civilians who got caught up in everything through no fault of their own.
telmar
yorkshire uk
telmar is female  telmar has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2010, 05:10 PM

We will remember them all - RIP - Amen
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2010, 05:25 PM

I observed the moments of silence at 11:11 am this morning of course. We can thank those who died for the freedom we enjoy today......

DS, I'm sorry you feel so strongly about honoring the animals who died in the wars. I don't see any conflict in that; life is precious for all.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2010, 09:48 PM

I too observed the 2 minutes silence at 11am today. I was in the supermarket and they announced it was 11am. Everyone stood in silence, you could hear a pin drop. My thoughts were with all those who have lost their lives in all wars and their loved ones left behind. Had special thoughts of the troops still fighting to protect us. My Niece's hubby was one of the very lucky ones who came home from Afghanistan recently, two of his mates didn't.

To all those who gave their lives, and those in danger of losing their lives, I for one, will never forget.

I also see no harm whatsoever in remembering the animals killed in the wars, there is no doubt they made a contribution to saving lives, and still do......as said previously, all life is precious, be it mankind or animals.
Sweep
Kent UK
Sweep is female  Sweep has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2010, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Dancingsky ->
Maybe if you wish to remember animals in that way you should do it at a different time of year, it should not impinge on the human Remembrance, imo.
My apologies if this caused any upset, this was not intended

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top