Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Sweep
Kent UK
Sweep is female  Sweep has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2010, 11:28 AM

Overwhelming moments

Does anyone have' Overwhelming moments', when you miss someone so much, doesn't matter how long they've been gone?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2010, 02:56 PM

Re: Overwhelming moments

Actually I had one the other day - really felt like speaking to an old friend... phoned her up and no answer, I was deflated tried again later and she was there so we had a good ol natter
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2010, 11:01 PM

Truthfully, no, Sweep. I miss departed friends and parents, but it's more of a low key sorrow; wish they were here so I could share things, but am resigned to their absence. I hope that doesn't sound unfeeling.....

You sound kind of down, (((hugs)))
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2010, 11:08 PM

My eldest grandson, who is four, always brings out this sort of feeling in me Sweep - it is such a strong emotion that I would move heaven and earth for him. When he walks through the door its such a pleasure to see him. I think he knows he has me just where he wants me
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2010, 10:54 AM

Yes, I do. Happens when I perhaps see something, or meet someone I have seen for years, and think I must tell John and then realise John (he was my big brother) is dead!
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2010, 11:00 AM

Every day. And I have to climb out of it with fond memories and the old line -
`don`t be sad he is gone, be glad you knew him`.
FayRose
Devon, UK
FayRose is female  FayRose has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2010, 06:11 PM

Oh crumbs, yes.

My mum who died 3 years ago and my precious spaniel who died a year ago are the two who give me the most powerful 'overwhelming moments'.

x
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2010, 03:54 PM

Not really with people, but I sometimes do regret getting old. Last month in Cornwall for example, there were a couple of moments when I realised that I was never again likely to experience the incredible high of catching a big wave, or that moment when, climbing a sheer rock face with the sun on your back and the warm rock in your hands, you feel totally at one with your body and with nature.
I'll just have to make do with the more sedate pursuit of running my huskies in harness:

Mick

ps - this race was held on my 60th birthday and they gave me a competitor number to match!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2010, 09:17 PM

You no way appear sedate MickB - looks great fun.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2010, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
Every day. And I have to climb out of it with fond memories and the old line -
`don`t be sad he is gone, be glad you knew him`.
Claire, I remember your telling us, and at odd moments I think about you thinking of him, I'm glad you have found a way to handle the grief and to carry on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top