Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Sweep
Kent UK
Sweep is female  Sweep has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2010, 10:49 AM

Re: Thursday A day not to forget

Originally Posted by galty ->
Think Animals Remembrace Day is Celebrated on the 24th of November.

Please leave me a day to just remember my Father and his comrades who died in WW2, this day is the 11th of November to remember
My apologies
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2010, 12:35 PM

I know there are a lot of people in this forum who are devoted animal lovers... I knew that when I joined, and good luck to them. I am sort of in the middle, I like the animals I am used to, dogs cats and horses, and the ones I don't know about I leave to the experts. My own dog 'Bengi' has been with me for about 13 years now, when he goes I will miss him badly, but I won't be getting another. I never comment in the pets section because I don't know enough about pets to comment.
My Grandfather was killed in WW1 and I pay my respects to him and all the Men and Women who died in both world wars.
Sweep
Kent UK
Sweep is female  Sweep has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2010, 12:43 PM

Perhaps in hindsight I should have placed my post on the Pet Section....

Please, I did not intend to cause any upset or disrespect.

I will refrain from any further posts on this board from now on.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2010, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Sweep ->
Perhaps in hindsight I should have placed my post on the Pet Section....

Please, I did not intend to cause any upset or disrespect.

I will refrain from any further posts on this board from now on.
Sweep, you did nothing wrong as far as I'm concerned.

Dogs have played a very important part in various war and disaster zones. They have risked their lives to save those of humans by sniffing out bombs which otherwise would have killed or badly maimed others. They deserve to be recognised in my eyes.

I am not a dog owner but that doesn't stop me from appreciating how important they are in this respect.
telmar
yorkshire uk
telmar is female  telmar has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2010, 04:37 PM

Sweep, I am in agreement with Mags. Of course, men, women and children must come first (that's human nature isn't it) but to be honest my dogs are my life - I have no living blood relatives and they are my 'babies' in my eyes - hope that doesn't offend anyone. I think animals have an important part in our lives - guide dogs, 'support' dogs, drugs dogs, police horses etc. Please don't stop posting because of this. Maggiexx
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2010, 04:50 PM

Sweep, please carry on posting, don't leave. You've done nothing wrong at all. To remember the animals in the wars as well as humans is to be commended. Those of us with big enough hearts to include both in our thoughts have nothing to apologise for xx
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2010, 05:02 PM

To be honest i prefer dogs & cats to people. Their's is the purest form of love. I am a Veteran of the Vietnam war. For one day each year I am reminded of this. Then the other 364 days of the year I'm reminded that I have no veteran's benefits, no medical coverage and no repect. With the stroke of a pen my government removed my medical coverage even though I gave them 4 years of my life and had an honorable discharge.

People's feelings get hurt and their first reaction is to quit. It might not be your best move to do so. Who will fight for animal or human rights if we all turn our backs, put our tails between our legs and run.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2010, 05:52 PM

Sweep, please reconsider; I hope you're reading this.
telmar
yorkshire uk
telmar is female  telmar has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2010, 01:30 PM

Sweep - it's me again. Just watched Remembrance Service on BBC and at exactly 12.08, there was the 'march past' for the animals! Please reconsider - Maggiexx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2010, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Sweep ->

Throughout history, animals have suffered and died as a result of human conflicts. Remember the animal victims of war this year by wearing a PURPLE poppy.
This is very true Sweep and how nice of you to mention it, I didn't know about the puple poppy idea but I do now and it will sit nicely besides my red poppy (which I always buy.)

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top