Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 12:49 AM

Almond Shaped Eyes!

I have often wondered why people of the Orient and some Asians have such narrow, almond shaped eyes
I have read that it is heredity due to squinting when staring a the sun or glaziers millions of years ago

Yet there has aways been strong sunshine and ice in many other Countries where the populaion all have round eyes
I think almond shaped eyes are lovely

In China and bordering Countries, these days the fashion for many young females is to have ther eyes altered to look Westernized. Such a Shame.
oxymoron47
Australia
oxymoron47 is male  oxymoron47 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 07:15 AM

Re: Almond Shaped Eyes!

As a man who is happily married to an Asian woman, I think that her eyes are incredibly beautiful. Sadly, many Asian women want to emulate Western women, instead of accepting their own natural beauty. So sad.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by oxymoron47 ->
As a man who is happily married to an Asian woman, I think that her eyes are incredibly beautiful. Sadly, many Asian women want to emulate Western women, instead of accepting their own natural beauty. So sad.
Yes - I posted that very sentiment a while back
They are lovely
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 07:46 AM

Azure - always wondered the same ..........
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 10:35 AM

Having 3 half Asian Grandchildren I agree.
They all have beautiful eyes.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 10:53 AM

They are beautiful. It's a shame they want to make them Western.

I read a while back that the shape originally came from those living in the northern areas of Asia, like Nepal, etc.
Seems it made them less likely to get damage from the winds and from the sunlight that reflected off the snow and ice. That can be blinding.
I don't know how true that is. I didn't do my research!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 11:48 AM

Yes it’s a shame to see some Oriental women wanting to change the way their eyes look, I think they look lovely as they are.
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 12:13 PM

OH,so it has nothing to do with a sexual act?So mom lied to me,..........AGAIN.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by oxymoron47 ->
And I'm the opposite... I've always wanted to look like an Asian woman. So it's too bad we can't trade places.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2015, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by lovemyboys ->
I read a while back that the shape originally came from those living in the northern areas of Asia, like Nepal, etc.
Seems it made them less likely to get damage from the winds and from the sunlight that reflected off the snow and ice. That can be blinding.
I don't know how true that is. I didn't do my research!
Northern Breed dogs (Siberian Huskies etc) have the same almond shaped eyes, and according to research this is an evolutionary factor so that their eyes cope better with sun glare, snow, ice and wind.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top