Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 12:13 AM

Re: Every Satellite Orbitting Earth

Indeed.. a lot of trash orbiting out there. Some of this trash can be a bit suspicious. Yet, I would tend to believe that this trash is not from out of this world, but of this world...

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-01-16-18-05-22-1.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	154  
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 12:10 PM

I was interested to find out how the ISS deals with this junk danger

http://orbitaldebris.jsc.nasa.gov/faqs.html#9

9). How is the International Space Station protected against orbital debris?
The ISS is the most heavily shielded spacecraft ever flown. Critical components, e.g., habitable compartments and high pressure tanks, will normally be able to withstand the impact of debris as large as 1 cm in diameter. The risk of a critical ISS component being struck by debris 1 to 10 cm in diameter is slight and ways to reduce this risk are being investigated.

Good to know they are being investigated
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 07:56 PM

25,000 pieces of metallic junk reflecting the suns rays, so contributing to global cooling.....?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
Indeed.. a lot of trash orbiting out there. Some of this trash can be a bit suspicious. Yet, I would tend to believe that this trash is not from out of this world, but of this world...
Hi

The first stealth plane flew 35 years ago.

If you consider what computers were like 35 years ago, imagine what the military now have tucked away secretly.

I think most of the UFO sightings are military things.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2016, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The first stealth plane flew 35 years ago.

If you consider what computers were like 35 years ago, imagine what the military now have tucked away secretly.

I think most of the UFO sightings are military things.
I agree with you. I am a firm believer our military is conducting experiments with anti-gravity planes. UFO's serves the military well so as not to give away its secrets.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2016, 01:43 PM

After reading this thread and seeing that photograph, this article now makes more sense than it would have.

In my ignorance, I thought there was a very small number up there ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-conflict.html
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2016, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
But they didn't see what happened to that Malaysian plane last year.
Oh I think they know full well what happened to it Purwell dont you think?
Makes you laugh really doesnt it,they really believe we are all fools
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2016, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
And there was me thinking that this was The "Black Knight" Rudolpho lol
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2016, 10:09 PM

Lets not get carried away......And lets put it into perspective.
Circumference of Earth = 24000 miles
therefore radius of Earth = 3819 miles.
Pi R squared = surface area of the world = 14, 397,600 million square miles.
An estimated 10 million pieces of space junk.
therefore 14,397,600 divided by 10 million = 1 piece of space junk occupies 1.4 million square miles of space. And that would be at ground level. Space junk orbits high outside our atmosphere so the area would be vastly greater than my calculation.
The possibility of collision would very rare.

Also; working satellites are complex and sensitive pieces of equipment prone to outside influences. Extreme sunspot activity would destroy most, if not all satellites.
There is extreme sunspot activity every few thousand years. At the last event there were no satellites.......the next one is overdue.....
Questor
Kent, UK
Questor is female  Questor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2016, 03:08 PM

Good heavens, people might have to resort to using actual paper maps - I think there may be a generation that won't know how!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top