Join for free
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2016, 09:42 AM

Upright falls over on landing

The upright rocket, landed bang on the button and then one of its legs collapsed and it fell into the sea.
They are bound to have minor glitches till it becomes perfect.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2016, 09:55 AM

Re: Upright falls over on landing

I agree - everything seemed to work except one little component
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2016, 04:15 PM

Speaking from a layman’s point of view Arthur, on a billion pound piece of kit like that, you would think the legs would be well checked out seeing that it lands on it’s legs, I’d say whoever is responsible for that blunder will be landing on their head --- outside the door.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2016, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Speaking from a layman’s point of view Arthur, on a billion pound piece of kit like that, you would think the legs would be well checked out seeing that it lands on it’s legs, I’d say whoever is responsible for that blunder will be landing on their head --- outside the door.
You could be right Jem, but if you watch the launch a lot of heat is generated in that area, it figures this could weaken a leg, My guess eventually when the project is near completion so arms will come in to grab the rocket.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top