Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2016, 02:31 PM

Re: The Mystery of the Alignment of Planets

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Late last summer I sat outside looking up at the sky. I sat there so long the evening crept up and soon I saw the moon appearing above the horizon as it slowly got darker.

So I continued to watch and as it got even darker the stars started to twinkle like a shining carpet in the sky. So as I watched the moon travelling across the heavenly sky and started to wax and wan on its orbitals path

So I sat there and gave it a lot of thought as to should I put a roof on this outside toilet
Indeed.. the full Moon on a quiet night is cause for great contemplation. Reminds me when as a boy I would go out at night and hear the farm animals making all kinds of noises, yet when the full Moon was out, its mystical gleam upon all it encompassed, brought a sort of Peace Profound
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2016, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
This is very interesting. There are many things that we are not aware of in regards to the universe. In fact, there is an idea out there called the Ant Theory. It simply states that ants live in there small universe completely oblivious of the bigger picture. So much so, that when a human stands alongside an ant, they have no clue or notion that a human is there.

So, we in our own limited,way, live the life of an ant. We live on Earth totally focused on our surroundings and our minds cannot yet conceive what lies in the vastness of the universe
If that's the case why do they scarper when you turn up with a kettle of boiling water and a packet of salt?
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2016, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
If that's the case why do they scarper when you turn up with a kettle of boiling water and a packet of salt?
I think whoever came up with this theory was trying to say, that ants are aware of their surroundings, but lack the intelligence to be aware of the bigger picture. In other words, what lies beyond their limited way of life.

The same concept can be applied to fish that live in the ocean. All fish swimly freely within their water world, but lack the intelligence to imagine the world that lies above the water.

So it is with us humans, we live here on Earth, yet our minds cannot grasp or truly imagine what lies out in the vast complex universe
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2016, 09:29 PM

I like that ant theory, we should keep our minds open to all theories no matter how outlandish they seem in the hope of gaining a little more understanding with every new generation, not neglecting the very old theories either.
Everything has to be connected. To try to understand this I think of the whole system of planets, galaxies, etc all in the same body of water, the water touches everything, tip one object with your finger and everything else in the water will feel it. Space/atmosphere touches everything too just like the body of water. Crude and simple I know, but it helps me connect things and gives me a basis to try and grasp a tiny bit of what is going on out there and how it can actually affect us all here, which I believe it does.
eyes_of_a_painter
n

21-01-2016, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I like that ant theory, we should keep our minds open to all theories no matter how outlandish they seem in the hope of gaining a little more understanding with every new generation, not neglecting the very old theories either.
Everything has to be connected. To try to understand this I think of the whole system of planets, galaxies, etc all in the same body of water, the water touches everything, tip one object with your finger and everything else in the water will feel it. Space/atmosphere touches everything too just like the body of water. Crude and simple I know, but it helps me connect things and gives me a basis to try and grasp a tiny bit of what is going on out there and how it can actually affect us all here, which I believe it does.
Well said, Jimmy. If we ask questions, investigate our world and remain open to our inquiry, we begin to get answers and see the world differently.

Descartes said.. I think, therefore I am. This idea sets us apart from the animal world and has allowed man to create a better environment for himself and one day even reach out amongst the stars
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2016, 10:52 PM

Well said, Jimmy. If we ask questions, investigate our world and remain open to our inquiry, we begin to get answers and see the world differently.

Descartes said.. I think, therefore I am. This idea sets us apart from the animal world and has allowed man to create a better environment for himself and one day even reach out amongst the stars

Have you ever wondered why we are the only living thing on this planet with more thinking capacity than any other living thing?
It seems inconceivable that we could have evolved from anything here.
I have my own theory.
eyes_of_a_painter
n

21-01-2016, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
[/B]

Have you ever wondered why we are the only living thing on this planet with more thinking capacity than any other living thing?
It seems inconceivable that we could have evolved from anything here.
I have my own theory.
Thank you for that question. That is one heck of a mystery. Alot can be said and speculated on in regards to the evolution of man. I think the day we start living in other planets like Mars, is the day that maybe we will get some answers to this mystery of mysteries.

Since you mentioned it, please share with me your theory..
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2016, 11:19 PM

Thank you for that question. That is one heck of a mystery. Alot can be said and speculated on in regards to the evolution of man. I think the day we start living in other planets like Mars, is the day that maybe we will get some answers to this mystery of mysteries.

Since you mentioned it, please share with me your theory..
Yes I will EoaP, but the universe is large and I'll need some time to put it in writing.
eyes_of_a_painter
n

21-01-2016, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Yes I will EoaP, but the universe is large and I'll need some time to put it in writing.
No problem..
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2016, 11:30 PM

I'm not sure you need to theorise about the beginning of life as there are lots of pretty convincing theories already out there. The main one I think is that asteroids containing various substances mixed with substances already on earth

Originally Posted by physicsoftheuniverse.com
(liquid water, chemical building blocks (usually taken to be the six elements: oxygen, hydrogen, carbon, nitrogen, sulphur and phosphorus) and some kind of energy source)
and created the first simplest form of bacteria.

THE EARLY EARTH AND THE BUILDING BLOCKS OF LIFE
http://www.physicsoftheuniverse.com/...ife_early.html

Don't forget the earth was far from the relatively stable planet it is today. It has been in existence for around 4 BILLION years. All sorts of external debri has found it's way to the planet's surface and all sorts of chemical reactions have occurred on it's once volatile crust.

So ... don't give yourselves bad heads now will you .

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top