Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2016, 05:05 PM

Brain capacity

Heard today the brain is capable of storing 4 and a half 'billion' books
I wish I'd known this when I was younger - I could have been a contender .................
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2016, 05:22 PM

Re: Brain capacity

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I wish I'd known this when I was younger - I could have been a contender .................
What I'd like to know is where does the brain store our dreams.
It seems odd that we forget them on waking, sometimes we remember them in detail, other times we remember them in part but they vanish when we try to access the missing bits.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2016, 05:23 PM

Now that's a mystery for sure - my brain blocks my dreams, refuses to let me recall them which is just as well ............
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2016, 05:27 PM

Lol ... some of them are quite bizarre.
Last night I dreamt of a large, dead, orange spider which I think was in a cupboard or drawer and later a pale yellow goldfish swimming in my loo ! I was concerned for its safety.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

22-01-2016, 05:30 PM

Ugh - see what I mean - who would want to remember that
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

22-01-2016, 05:32 PM

Ugh - see what I mean - who would want to remember that
Hmmmm fairly pointless remembering it but I think I dreamt about the loo because Edie nearly fell in it ! oh and I ate a fishcake yesterday

Aha ... think it was a Haddock fishcake and I associate Haddock with smoked Haddock, which is yellow

Can't figure out the orange spider.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2016, 06:05 PM

There was a program on TV recently about the Brain, it’s amazing what the little grey cells are capable of. When one is faced with a life or death decision and has to act very quickly all the other available cells are commandeered and concentrate on the problem, all in a split second.
I believe dreams are a mixture of the past present and future, I personally have had dreams that came true.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2016, 06:06 PM

Mine doesn't even store a cell!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

22-01-2016, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
There was a program on TV recently about the Brain, it’s amazing what the little grey cells are capable of. When one is faced with a life or death decision and has to act very quickly all the other available cells are commandeered and concentrate on the problem, all in a split second.
I believe dreams are a mixture of the past present and future, I personally have had dreams that came true.
Its a remarkable little box ain't it Jem - you can ask me a question and without thinking, I give you the answer
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

22-01-2016, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
Mine doesn't even store a cell!
Ah but it does - you've just forgotten

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top