Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 01:44 PM

Re: Dreams.....

Pretty amazing thing the brain. A mass of tissue that works like a computer.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 01:48 PM

I agree its a fascinating and wonderful piece of us that holds many secrets
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 01:53 PM

Indeed,.. if one meditates, a door can be opened to a new reality within the mind. Just like the mind tries to talk to us in our sleep, through meditation, our mind will try to talk to us in our waking state
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 03:57 PM

Dreams, I suspect represent yet another of the great secrets that have been kept from us. I have a suspicion that they are very important.

Some of the research I have done into esoteric matters have revealed the suggestion or belief by some, that one CAN affect reality though the power of thought and through the will of the mind. I appreciate that sounds fairly "out there" as ideas go but maybe it's not really that outrageous. Religions which encourage us to pray are perhaps really asking us to meditate and mentally envisage something changing. It is perhaps child level training in the art of mind over matter.

Our dreams represent a blank canvass in which to experiment and play and perhaps to train and learn.

As is always the case, our conditioning/programming from childhood leaves us paying little heed to dreaming. We know dreams happen, some of them are nice some of them aren't. The thing is, we are conditioned to think of dreams as things we can't control. That we are merely bystanders, thrust into some bizarre environment and scenario which we have no control of so all we can do is react to it.

I have begun to understand that this might not actually be the case !

I have begun to try and consciously intervene and manipulate the dream and with a little success.

I have found that in the early hours of the morning when I start to come around, or when my sleep is temporarily interrupted by some external noise, I can very easily turn over and get back off to sleep, often in a deeper state than before. However, that partial awakening point allowed me to think and when I got back to my dream I began to take control of it and was no longer a spectator.

I think there is something in this. I suspect that the mind has tremendous power and I'm interested to see if I can make something happen in the physical world by simply thinking it during a dream.
eyes_of_a_painter
n

24-02-2016, 04:43 PM

Realist you are very profound and its that profoundness in you, that has brought you to realize many things.

As I see it, the mind is there for a more pround reason than to simply think and allow us to speak. Its a very great tool to create and cause positive changes in our lives.some know hiw to change their environment by will, where others, simply by chance.

As I previously mentioned, dreams serve as a sort of escape valve for our minds. Dreams tell us about ojrweaknesses, our strength and sometimes even, our future events,

As you well said, dreams are not very fluid. In a sense, that the story a dream tries to tell us does not stay with us long. So, mornings, upon our first awakening, is the best time to recollect our dream and if best, write a dream journel. Helps us to understand the dream better.

Yes, as you well said, we have the power to make GOOD things happen in our lives by using the power of thought. Its no secret that one can acheive this by visualization. A process by which we visualize events in our lives to make them come true.

Its great to have this exchange with you Realist. It allows me to speak my mind on many subjects I hold dear
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 04:47 PM

He certainly gets into a subject - but I do wonder what Realist does for 'fun'
Maybe its answering questions - simple as that
eyes_of_a_painter
n

24-02-2016, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I think Realist and I are on the same page. We explore other realities because we know they exist and we want to understand them better. Thats what we do for fun
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 04:54 PM

Yes I can see the captivation there - my head hurts when I try to decipher things, not bad at analysing though on a personal level
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Crosswords, Nonograms (griddlers)

Dinghy sailing, acoustic guitar playing, coffee shop people watching, fixing things (electronic or mechanical), sun-gazing, making artisan breads of many different types, maintaining a long term food store, making my own passata, researching survival techniques like purifying water, learning how to make solar panels, solar water stills and the like.
Watching and reading Sci-Fi. Researching conspiracies and esoteric matters and so on.

And a bit of Pointless and The Chase thrown in somewhere
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

24-02-2016, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Crosswords, Nonograms (griddlers)

Dinghy sailing, acoustic guitar playing, coffee shop people watching, fixing things (electronic or mechanical), sun-gazing, making artisan breads of many different types, maintaining a long term food store, making my own passata, researching survival techniques like purifying water, learning how to make solar panels, solar water stills and the like.
Watching and reading Sci-Fi. Researching conspiracies and esoteric matters and so on.

And a bit of Pointless and The Chase thrown in somewhere

Ah - something we have in common
Seriously though I'm glad you answered the question and I'm impressed with the answer too

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top