Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Sweep
Kent UK
Sweep is female  Sweep has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2010, 12:06 PM

Deliveries!

Why is it when you are waiting for a delivery, that you have been told will be between 0800 - 1300 you just know it will be at the end of the delivery window
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2010, 01:05 PM

Re: Deliveries!

How very true that is, Sweep!

I have also found that when you are expecting something in the post that is too big to go through the letterbox, it always comes on the day you decide to go out!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2010, 02:54 PM

In my case they often 'pretend' to have tried to deliver and then you either have to go out to collect or wait until the next day. City link have done that numerous times!!
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2010, 04:59 PM

I know ..... a card asking you to phone the depot between 9 and 12 Mon to Fri to be collected another day between 9 and 12 Mon to Fri only. Those times were probably when they tried to deliver my parcels, while I was at work! So not likely I can phone or collect when they ask. I loved it when my old postie would leave his card saying 'package in garage'
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2010, 10:57 PM

I'm fortunate: the Post, FedEx and UPS all seem to deliver in the afternoon in my neighborhood and have for all the time I've been retired; as I generally do errands in the morning I'm home then. And specify the 1 to 3 pm slot for grocery delivery.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2010, 10:03 AM

Where I live our area is always last on any delivery runs!! The do further down the coast first and we get our deliveries last! Even getting a gas man/electricity man out - it is the same old!!!
Geoff
North East UK
Geoff is male 

15-11-2010, 10:07 AM

We call it Sods law
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2010, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
I know ..... a card asking you to phone the depot between 9 and 12 Mon to Fri to be collected another day between 9 and 12 Mon to Fri only. Those times were probably when they tried to deliver my parcels, while I was at work! So not likely I can phone or collect when they ask. I loved it when my old postie would leave his card saying 'package in garage'
Actually that's illegal maryl - I had some temp work in 2008 on the Post and you are told quite clearly NOT to leave parcels anywhere but deliver them to the person at their door. If they are out you leave a card. Likewise if the postman walks up to your house and you meet him and ask for you post and he gives it to you that's still technically a crime - treason! It's the ROYAL Mail and must be delivered through a letter slot, in a letter box attached to the house or on the threshhold if the door is ajar - that's the rules. stevmk2
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2010, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
the Post, FedEx and UPS all seem to deliver in the afternoon in my neighborhood and have for all the time I've been retired;
But this is because you live in a country where the word 'service' has not fallen out of the language
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2010, 07:17 PM

I opened the door to our post man and was handed a card saying I was not in and to go to the sorting office to collect the delivery.

We both saw the funny side, he brought it later in the day on his way home.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top