Join for free
Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 06:13 PM

Re: Mp`s want to relax vaping laws in public places

I gave up smoking many years ago after having anything up to 30 a day.
if I can give up through sheer will power than anyone can. If you have to stick anything in the mouth then get some lollypops instead
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Why depart, you're entitled to your view Mups.

All I'm saying is it is getting nitpicking with some.
Having said that, once I can kick all the fags and just vap . and once I reduce down to no-nicotine vaping I'll probably stop vaping.
Why sit and inhale vapour ?
I can stand over the kettle if vapour becomes my unbreakable addiction.

It's a quit smoking aid, nothing more .. Not a new must-have fashion accessory. I really can't imagine anyone who never smoked starting to vap.

But I'll happily depart the thread. It is really for non-smokers and non-vapers to voice their concerns/dislike/fears.

If or when you develop a lung disease that makes you cough and splutter whenever anyone is careless enough to blow smoke in your direction, or someone lights a bonfire/barbeque and you happen to be downwind of the smoke, you'll very quickly realise why those of us who do have difficulty breathing criticise those who do smoke whether cigarettes or vapes and manage to blow the smoke in our direction Mortie darlin'
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 06:39 PM

Just heard this on LBC to day hot news for you Vapers.

A study stated that if you VAPE heavily you increased the chance of a heart attack.

So as my wont I googled it just to show you lot the dangers.

Found the Study.

Notice the date lol must be serious.

https://tobacco.ucsf.edu/first-evide...ing-cigarettes
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
If or when you develop a lung disease that makes you cough and splutter whenever anyone is careless enough to blow smoke in your direction, or someone lights a bonfire/barbeque and you happen to be downwind of the smoke, you'll very quickly realise why those of us who do have difficulty breathing criticise those who do smoke whether cigarettes or vapes and manage to blow the smoke in our direction Mortie darlin'
UJ .... with all respect that does put you in the worst position to criticise a smoker. A rather precarious one.

If I develop a smoking related disease I will have no one to blame but myself. As they say, too late to close the stable door after the horse has bolted.
Smoking has been proven to damage health. That is now scientific fact. As does air pollution and car exhaust.

The jury is still out on the true detrimental effects on health posed by vaping though most of the criticism directed toward vapers is based on odour and the secondhand dangers of vapour.
Really, I don't know why I bother getting involved in these threads ...ten years ago, smoking .... now, over vaping.
A great many people identify the two practices as one and the same and doubtless will not change their mind.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Just heard this on LBC to day hot news for you Vapers.

A study stated that if you VAPE heavily you increased the chance of a heart attack.

So as my wont I googled it just to show you lot the dangers.

Found the Study.

Notice the date lol must be serious.

https://tobacco.ucsf.edu/first-evide...ing-cigarettes
Galty ... as a smoker I increased the chances of a heart attack ( and many other diseases) the moment I got addicted to smoking.
Vaping, whilst still under investigation is less damaging.
Myself .. I prefer a heart attack and dying in my 50's or 60's rather than reaching a ripe old age and sitting dribbling in a chair with dementia. Body beautiful but brain dead.

We all pick our own poison to some degree or another.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I gave up smoking many years ago after having anything up to 30 a day.
if I can give up through sheer will power than anyone can. If you have to stick anything in the mouth then get some lollypops instead

For thirty years I kept on giving up fags...most of the Time I never lasted more than a day, but once I lasted three days.

Then One Christmas about 30 years ago I thought fags are getting expensive might hop over to France and buy a couple thousand packs.

The weather was bad so said to myself Give it up for the new year.

At 11.50 that night had a fag put the rest of the packet in a draw saying I would never again.

Three months later I opened that draw took out the packet and threw them in the bin.

Never craved for a fag and never had the urge to smoke since that New Years Eve night.

Put it down to the fact I was just ready to give it up.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 06:55 PM

UJ .... with all respect that does put you in the worst position to criticise a smoker. A rather precarious one.

If I develop a related disease I will have no one to blame but myself. As they say, too late to close the stable door after the horse has bolted.
Smoking has been proven to damage health. That is now scientific fact. As does air pollution and car exhaust.

The jury is still out on the true detrimental effects on health posed by vaping though most of the criticism directed toward vapers is based on odour and the secondhand dangers of vapour.
Really, I don't know why I bother getting involved in these threads ...ten years ago, smoking .... now, over vaping.
A great many people identify the two practices as one and the same and doubtless will not change their mind.
And they are far from the same. Most vapers very quickly go down to very low nicotine juices. I only use 3mg. The amount of s/h nicotine in the exhaled vapour is negligible to say the least.

Also, not everyone uses the devices that produce huge clouds. I don't know of one single person, that after stopping the fags and turning to vaping, does not feel considerably better health wise.

People are also still forgetting the guy who's been studied for nearly 10 years. He was a heavy smoker. His lungs are now pink again, and no negative effects have been found with him to date.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

24-08-2018, 07:00 PM

Galty ... as a smoker I increased the chances of a heart attack ( and many other diseases) the moment I got addicted to smoking.
Vaping, whilst still under investigation is less damaging.
Myself .. I prefer a heart attack and dying in my 50's or 60's rather than reaching a ripe old age and sitting dribbling in a chair with dementia. Body beautiful but brain dead.

We all pick our own poison to some degree or another.
Know what you mean but with heart attacks they can save you and then you might be paralyzed on one side for another ten years

I will and hope to die of cirrious(sic)of the liver best way to go no warning you just die.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 07:13 PM

If I develop a smoking related disease I will have no one to blame but myself. As they say, too late to close the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Mortie darlin' - yes I was a smoker, but long before the damage from smoking was done to my lungs, they were burnt and scarred by breathing in Liquid Petroleum Gas in a confined space. It was that which has substantially brought about the Emphysema I now suffer. Yes, smoking too is a contributory factor, but a lesser one.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

24-08-2018, 07:20 PM

Breathing in liquid petroleum gas?

At work? Sounds nasty.

Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top