Join for free
Page 17 of 21 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 05:15 PM

Re: Climate Change.

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Sometimes a view of the 'Global' picture is more informative than a blinkered one Floydy....

And being as I have to exist with fellow humans, a tolerance and understanding of them is essential....
I have an excuse, Bob. I don't exist at all
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Not once I got round to buying my suits from M&S As for you, unless you are a fine actor, I can't really imagine you falling into the classification

I trust you don't wear flowery leggings and a berhaus raincoat
I think I was virtually the opposite of most teachers, to be honest. In my experience, most of the ones I have met and worked with are lefty-liberals. I can't say that I witnessed any political leanings in their teaching but then I didn't sit in their classes listening!

I only remember one teacher who appeared to be very similar to me in his outlook on life, being strictly right-wing, and that was a head teacher at one of the schools where I did one of my first teaching practices in the Birmingham area. He was very down to earth and called a spade a spade - I refer, of course, to the gardening/building implement rather than anything else.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
The youngsters could help by.
A Walking to school instead of getting Mum to take you in the car.
B. Switching off your mobile and leaving it at home during school.
C. Take a sandwich to school instead buying from a fast food cafe.
D. Read a book instead of playing games on a playstation.
Is this likely to ever come about? I doubt it.
I think they are all good suggestions. Certainly no mobile phones in school would be a very important step. Even kids in primary schools, like the ones where I taught, bring them in and, latterly, they brought in a rule that they had to hand them in on arrival until the end of the day. There is enough bad behaviour in classes these days without phones making it worse.

I don't know about 'fast food cafes', though. We never had any, though that was at primary; secondary schools may be different of course. The food doled out where I was was pretty healthy and not bad. I even ate some once.

Needless to say, Playstations should never feature in schools, and should only be used by prisoners! Of course, inept parents will buy them for their little bundles of joy anyway.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

09-10-2019, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I do know a couple who gave up their summer holiday thus reducing
footprint to lay amongst the dogshit and used condoms to attempt
to close parliament down!
I can only commend them in their aims!!!
Donkeyman!
In a way, I can agree with that. Closing down Parliament, especially with the clowns who occupy it these days, can only be a good thing.

Perhaps they might be persuaded to keep it closed until October 31st.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

09-10-2019, 06:22 PM

I suppose that it's good to know their precise whereabouts, safe in the knowledge that they're not out in the countryside trying to release pigs into the wild, or whatever other hair brained scheme they have in mind.
You're a mathematician, aren't you, Dex?
I ask because the term is 'harebrained', presumably because hares are a bit silly.

(Sorry. Not trying to be rude, of course.)
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

09-10-2019, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Cameron probably blames the majority of the British public for the Brexit mess, the ones who voted Leave. He'll be sitting there counting the royalties from his book all the time feeling aghast at the outcome of the referendum. It's his fault in the first place for even asking us.
You reckon some people have actually bought his book?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

09-10-2019, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Just returning to the Original topic for a moment.....

Did they ever figure out why the hole in the ozone layer is in the southern hemisphere, while the largest population by far, of fridge and freezer using folk live in the northern hemisphere?

And if the ozone layer is in fact repairing itself now, isn't that proof that CFC's are biodegradable and/or being dispersed?
You tell Greta the Gremlin that.

EDIT:
Please accept my apologies. I'm really not trying to take over this thread, despite my SIX posts in rapid succession.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
You're a mathematician, aren't you, Dex?
I ask because the term is 'harebrained', presumably because hares are a bit silly.

(Sorry. Not trying to be rude, of course.)
No offence taken. Don't think I've ever tried to write the word before. Should of checked with google first
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

09-10-2019, 09:11 PM

No offence taken. Don't think I've ever tried to write the word before. Should of checked with google first
Yes of course. I sometimes think I should of checked after posting too.

None of us are perfect, after all.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
You tell Greta the Gremlin that.

EDIT:
Please accept my apologies. I'm really not trying to take over this thread, despite my SIX posts in rapid succession.
Personally I always look forward to anything that you've got to say JB.....

Page 17 of 21 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top