Join for free
Page 6 of 21 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 09:09 PM

Re: Climate Change.

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Or perhaps we should only make biodegradable plastics?
All this stuff ( like microfibres ) only degrades to a point it gets washed out of the soil and down to the sea and into the food chain.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 09:13 PM

This change could be a natural cycle but, folks on here don't like cyclists of any designation, so, where do we go from here.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 09:13 PM

And, the cycle could be the answer.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
And, the cycle could be the answer.
Roads full of unlicensed cyclists are not the answer to climate change. Lycra does not biodegrade.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
All this stuff ( like microfibres ) only degrades to a point it gets washed out of the soil and down to the sea and into the food chain.
I didn't realise that. So the green compost bags are bad too?

Perhaps they need to go back to the drawing board on inventing a fibre that is more eco friendly.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I don't think you are taking into account the size of this planet Todger, and we are just a speck upon it, and the Earth is self cleaning. Heavy particles of CO2 and CO4 etc in the atmosphere will obey gravity eventually and fall to earth because carbon compounds are heavier than air, and pollutants will eventually be absorbed, but I doubt there are enough pollutants to make any difference except on a local scale. The best we can expect is to reduce the pollutants which can make it difficult for human habitation, but as far as the climate is concerned, it will adjust as necessary....With or without our help....
I disagree .
The earth is only self cleaning to an extent .
It can deal with naturally occurring Carbon Dioxide emissions but humans have altered this .
We have in the past two hundred plus years since the Industrial revolution burned more fossil fuels and caused more deforestation than ever before in the worlds history .
We all have fridges and air conditioned offices and homes
We destroy the rainforest to raise cattle to feed our huge ever increasing population. .
We destroy the land to plant vast plains of cereals .

All of these human activities cause greenhouse gases which raise the earths temperature .
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

22-09-2019, 09:25 PM

Roads full of unlicensed cyclists are not the answer to climate change. Lycra does not biodegrade.

You are focusing on the disreputable chaps, they should be disregarded if we are to save the planet.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

22-09-2019, 09:26 PM

I didn't realise that. So the green compost bags are bad too?

Perhaps they need to go back to the drawing board on inventing a fibre that is more eco friendly.
Paper bags are ok except trees have to die to produce them .
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

22-09-2019, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I disagree .
The earth is only self cleaning to an extent .
It can deal with naturally occurring Carbon Dioxide emissions but humans have altered this .
We have in the past two hundred plus years since the Industrial revolution burned more fossil fuels and caused more deforestation than ever before in the worlds history .
We all have fridges and air conditioned offices and homes
We destroy the rainforest to raise cattle to feed our huge ever increasing population. .
We destroy the land to plant vast plains of cereals .

All of these human activities cause greenhouse gases which raise the earths temperature .
Bit like a Liver.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 09:29 PM

Or perhaps we should only make biodegradable plastics?
Don't ask me. All I know is that there are plastics and plastics. Different properties for different applications. I assume that some are recyclable and others are not.

You'll have to ask a materials scientist.

Page 6 of 21 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top