Join for free
Page 7 of 21 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 09:29 PM

Re: Climate Change.

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
You are focusing on the disreputable chaps, they should be disregarded if we are to save the planet.
Their bikes could be confiscated if cycling was licensed.

But i also object to the cycling revolution because the old, sick and disabled cannot always use them and rely on cars. It makes more sense to make vehicles more efficient and eco friendly rather than demonise them. Or we may as well go back to the horse and carriage.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Paper bags are ok except trees have to die to produce them .
I was wondering about the green compost bags that you are asked to use in council caddies. They are made of some biodegradable plastic.

But there must be some way around it. I'm thinking of edible underwear for some reason its an example that popped into my head! It must be made from something strong enough but totally degradable.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Here we agree!

But i also object to the cycling revolution because the old, sick and disabled cannot always use them and rely on cars. It makes more sense to make vehicles more efficient and eco friendly rather than demonise them. Or we may as well go back to the horse and carriage.
Again, I agree.

Unfortunately, the eco-warriors would very much like us to go back to horses and carts...

...until they need an ambulance or have a house fire.

Flexible morals!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 09:38 PM

But there must be some way around it. I'm thinking of edible underwear for some reason its an example that popped into my head! It must be made from something strong enough but totally degradable.
I'm not sure about that.

I can't think Marge would be too happy to have to eat my old underpants.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 09:40 PM

Ermm .
I have a garden so I compost all biological food waste .
Making bags out of rice would cause even more problems as rice production itself is part of the problem .
Even so our bin is full after two weeks and there are only two of us and we have separate bins for plastics paper and garden waste ,
All this stuff goes to landfills which in turn releases methane gas which is a major greenhouse gas.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 09:42 PM

Some folks do for their funeral, always commands respect.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 09:44 PM

If we returned to horses the production of methane would soar.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 09:47 PM

But the food process would be less inherently carcinogenic.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-09-2019, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Ermm .
I have a garden so I compost all biological food waste .
Making bags out of rice would cause even more problems as rice production itself is part of the problem .
Even so our bin is full after two weeks and there are only two of us and we have separate bins for plastics paper and garden waste ,
All this stuff goes to landfills which in turn releases methane gas which is a major greenhouse gas.
Methane can be burnt though, producing heat and energy.

Cows (and horses!) are good methane producers too, and politicians of course.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

22-09-2019, 09:54 PM

How do you harness Methane ?
There must be loads coming off landfill sites etc but it is a gas how could it be used ?

Page 7 of 21 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top