Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2011, 10:25 PM

Re: Hi to all.

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Hello Michael and welcome. Intrigued to know if "fridge magnet" has any significance. Hope your daughter is on the mend (it is nice to have your dad around when a girl is not feeling good).
Nope. I just decided on a totally ridiculous name, as a change from my usual forum id.
My daughter is a lot better although the sciatica is causing a few problems. She is awaiting an appointment for an MRI scan in the imminent future.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 12:32 AM

Hello Michael, and welcome to the forum. I'm pretty new myself.

I don't envy her the MRI. Had one myself not long ago and it wasn't my favourite 15 minutes of my life.

Hope she's well again soon.
FridgeMagnet
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 12:47 AM

Hello Mollie.
Yes, she has already expressed apprehension at the scan, but they have assured her that they will give her a shot of something to calm her down.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 01:02 AM

I wasn't offered anything, but my MRI was following a stroke in April, so I suppose a shot might have conflicted with a true reading.

She'll be fine though.
Milo
Cyprus
Milo is female  Milo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 06:46 AM

Hi Michael!

If you receive as warm a welcome as I a recent newbie has you will enjoy it here!

Dads are ace people btw, we have four children between us, two are girls whenever they need us we are there!

Had an MRI here in Cyprus in 2006 for back trouble they suspected was sciatica, turned out to be worn out discs but I was in my early fifties then. Not pleasant being stuck inside those things but a piece of machinery that is a godsend for many doctors these days. Back pain such as this is mind numbingly awful. I hope they can put her right ASAP.
FridgeMagnet

03-10-2011, 07:19 AM

Hello to Milo. Yes, they are suspecting that my daughters problem might be something other than sciatica. She is 34 yo.
Wonda
Sussex, England
Wonda is female  Wonda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 08:05 AM

Hi Michael and welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy it here
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 08:45 AM

Hi Michael matey, I live a little South of you, but like you, am away with a friend across the Irish Sea in Belfast, will be back home later tonight.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 10:25 AM

Hi Michael and welcome. I'm in Watford and work in London near the Tower. When your daughter has her MRI scan depending on the time of day tell her not to have a main meal beforehand. My late partner had one 2 years ago following a largish lunch. Halfway through the scan they give an injection after which he felt physically sick and struggled to keep his lunch down.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 10:49 AM

There is a song Nothing like a dame, but I think it should be Nothing like a Dad, because there isnt, my Dad was my step dad, we got him when I was seven.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top