Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
shazkebab
Victoria, Australia
shazkebab is female 

15-12-2011, 07:43 AM

Re: I come from a land down under!

Hiya MM
Of course I'm thinking about dinner....I'm always thinking of food
Probably going to have a quiet Chrissy this year. The kids are starting to spread far and wide, so we'll have a catch up next weekend. The day belongs to the kids imo, so I'll just have a drink or 2 (or 3, or whatever) and put my feet up with a good book. Although plans can always change
What about you?
miki's mum
Perth Western Australia
miki's mum is female  miki's mum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2011, 08:36 AM

Well, hopefully Miki will be home from hospital. Son No 2 is flying home from Canberra for the break, so it will be 3 and Miki for Christmas. It is strange as this is the first actual Christmas Day we have spent at home in 24 years!!!!
Can't get my head around all this food shopping etc! Am going to do an oven baked ham, turkey breast and king prawns! Also a raspberry and honeycomb ice cream terrine. That is just for starters!! Hungry??? lol
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2011, 09:05 AM

Oh Lorraine darlin' - you're teasing me!!! here I am 12000 miles away and you're telling me you'll be eating an Icecream terrine. Unfair, unfair, unfair !!! I'll be tucked up in a hospital bed with a foot long scar in me bum where Surgeon renews my hip joint.
miki's mum
Perth Western Australia
miki's mum is female  miki's mum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2011, 10:46 AM

Hi Uncle Joe!
I am so sorry to hear you won't be able to sit with us on Christmas Day!
Does Father Christmas do the rounds for the grown ups in hospital? I hope you get some decent tucker!!
A friend of ours has had his hip done about 2 years ago and he is getting around very well!!
I wish you all the best with your op!
I need two knees, but it is not going to happen!! For some reason I get mrsa after every op and have been advised if I was to have knees replaced and I got the bug it would lead to amputation. I can think of much more pleasant ways to get legless!!!! A couple of g'&t's or a couple of JW black will do the trick!!!
But hey, I am alive!! So life is good!
Do you want me to save you some icecream? I have just made the first layer with vanilla icecream and raspberries, tomorrow will make the next layer with vanilla icecream and smashed violet crumble bars, then I will decorate with cream rosettes, cherries and cachous!
Cheers!!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2011, 10:55 AM

I have just made the first layer with vanilla icecream and raspberries, tomorrow will make the next layer with vanilla icecream and smashed violet crumble bars, then I will decorate with cream rosettes, cherries and cachous!

Lorraine darlin' - cruel, cruel, torture !!! - If only I could get there I'd be on the next 'plane heading South!!!
miki's mum
Perth Western Australia

15-12-2011, 11:15 AM

I'll make one "special" let me know when you are arriving!! Or I could make a caramel banana icecream cake if you prefer?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

15-12-2011, 11:20 AM

Lorraine darlin' - I would love to come and visit you, BUT apart from the arthritis, which makes long-distance travel uncomfortable, I have other medical issues which means that long-distance flight is not just uncomfortable, but impossible for me.
miki's mum
Perth Western Australia

15-12-2011, 11:44 AM

Yeah! I know exactly what you mean, Uncle Joe! 3.5 hrs is the most I can take on a plane! I bet you are an old rock'n'roller like me, you "shake, rattle and roll! Shake on the wonky bones, rattle after all the pills and roll if you take a tumble!!!
I have taken a tumble or six down the stairs at work and have always managed to avoid hurting my nose or teeth (whats left of the god given ones), you see I have what I call "the bounce factor" "airbags" cushion the face!!!
I won't tease you with any more recipes then!!! Sorry!!!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

15-12-2011, 11:55 AM

Me too Lorraine darlin' am in 'shape' (round is a shape) and like you if I stumble and fall I bounce. My Doctors don't like me - they're trying to get rid of me - they're feeding me rat poison (warfarin) but now I'm heading to hospital I've had to leave them off.

When I go 'in' (next Tuesday) will be taking a supply of mince pies and Brandy and have doctored my 'squash' with alcohol too, but shshhhhhhh don't tell the nurses!!!
miki's mum
Perth Western Australia

15-12-2011, 12:00 PM

I am going deaf! Did not hear a word you said!!! lol

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top