Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2013, 04:45 AM

Re: Good or Bad

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
And the afterlife ? everyone goes the same place Heaven, forgiveness is a big part of Christianity so most things can be forgiven if we repent.
Blow christianity and it's celestial waiting room, I just want my 72 virgins.

mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2013, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I suppose the original premise of this thread was, if you assume that the message of the scriptures is correct, is it enough to be an inert being, to guarantee passage to the next existence, if such a state exists.
Inert is a nothing state of being. It may help as you have done no wrong. But maybe and just maybe, actively trying to be kind and helping were you can surely must be better than looking on impassively. Right of passage? I don't think there is one.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2013, 09:45 AM

If we all do go to the same place afterwards I would certainly have a mouthfull for people like Hitler and Pol Pot.
Regarding the premise of the thread, I have been good most of my life but like Mae West occassionally like snow drifted
Dont we all???
I couldnt walk past someone who needed assistance and am one of the people who think very fast in disaster areas. I have a few people walking around Earth who are alive because I did first aid on them. I do suffer afterwards as I go into shock once the first aid is over
Being into Ancestry I cant wait to meet the hundreds of family I have found online and who make up my family tree. To be able to feel as one with them will be great. Looking forward to that and am not frightened of going to the big disco in the sky. So many people I knew who were younger than me have passed over so why should I live until I am 120.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2013, 11:43 AM

I suppose the original premise of this thread was, if you assume that the message of the scriptures is correct, is it enough to be an inert being, to guarantee passage to the next existence, if such a state exists.
No, I do not think it is enough to be an "inert being" to guarantee anything (other than utter boredom) and if I believed that we had to "earn" a passage to the next existence (if there is one) I would think being "inert" would be just as bad - if not worse than doing the wrong things, either through ignorance, being misguided or through deliberate acts.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2013, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
No, I do not think it is enough to be an "inert being" to guarantee anything (other than utter boredom) and if I believed that we had to "earn" a passage to the next existence (if there is one) I would think being "inert" would be just as bad - if not worse than doing the wrong things, either through ignorance, being misguided or through deliberate acts.
Pretty much what I was going to say - to be inert could be seen as a refusal to contribute in any way, shape or form. It would be better to get things wrong than not to attempt 'things'. A good rule of thumb is: if you don't like something said or done to you, then don't say it or do it to others.
mari41
Wynyard. Tasmania
mari41 is female  mari41 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2013, 02:39 AM

I once heard Heaven described as a huge auditorium with God seated at one end. The 'best' people in life were nearest to the front and the 'worst' at the back. I imagine the meaning of this was that all were forgiven. I agree that if you never do anything wrong or make a mistake then you have never really lived. I suppose it depends on the degree of mistake or 'wrongness (if there is such a word). One person could pick up a few dollars in the street and keep it or another could be a mass muderer....both are wrong but to different degrees. A complex subject.
SOUL DJ
Hants. UK
SOUL DJ is female  SOUL DJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2013, 08:24 AM

Interesting Spitfire (my favourite plane by the way). Simply walking on is in itself a negative action and if we are saying good/bad then it follows that a negative is bad. Not to help/assist in somewhere is morally inept, failing to help when one action could influence the outcome is wrong.
Life is far more complex than good/bad we are tested throughout life and few get it right all the time.
I've said before that I do believe in more than one life; you cannot say that there is no afterlife or there is; simply a belief.

I believe we are here to learn and if you don't learn the lessons you keep returning and if you run out of time, you come back again to carry on learning.

I don't belief that life is an exchange benefit with your good deeds guaranteeing heaven.

TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2013, 07:36 PM

Up or down, as long as there's cheese, toasted or otherwise!
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2013, 06:41 AM

Id call 999 and wait with the person until help arrived

I'd keep the cash from the ATM,

up/down, not bothered
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2013, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by maggis ->
Id call 999 and wait with the person until help arrived

I'd keep the cash from the ATM,

up/down, not bothered

Maggie darlin' - its too draughty 'upstairs', besides which I can prod your namesake with my trident to get her stoking the fiery furnace with Arthur Scargill's coal.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top