Join for free
fuzzy finker
Kent, UK
fuzzy finker is male  fuzzy finker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2009, 04:08 PM

From My Past

I was brought up on a diet of music from the pirate radio stations as I'm sure a lot of us were; firstly the likes of Radio London and Radio Caroline when my parents listened to them then in my own right, listening to Radio Caroline and RNI - Radio Northsea International...

It came as quite a pleasure to just recently find that RNI is once again broadcasting on the internet as Radio Caroline has for a number of years - that means I can once again listen to both the stations that formulated my preferences in music in my teens... Great stuff!

And by the way - it's snowing heavily in my bit of Kent at the moment....
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2009, 04:41 PM

Re: From My Past

I used to listen to some pirate stations when I lived in London, and like you I love internet radio! I have it on in itunes most of the time

Post some pics of that snow!
fuzzy finker
Kent, UK
fuzzy finker is male  fuzzy finker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2009, 06:11 PM

Umm... unfortunately I'm out of memory card at the moment so I can't....
jj'sgirl
Kent UK
jj'sgirl is female  jj'sgirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2009, 10:42 PM

Wow I am in Kent and we have only had a very light sprinkling......

Radio Caroline and Luxenburg ....those are the ones I remember most
taffh
Newport South Wales UK
taffh is male  taffh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2009, 04:42 PM

I have got a tape of the mi amigo sinking not got a reel to reel to play it on though

Nice pics here

http://www.roundsandsounds.co.uk/rad...0Amigo%202.htm
fuzzy finker
Kent, UK

02-01-2010, 05:19 PM

Ah the old Mi Amigo.... never saw that one, never came close enought to shore for me and I don't sail too well.... I have met the Ross Revenge a few times though, but sadly out of sight now tucked up in Tilbury docks... Should have her out in the open and turned into a museum...
chinadoll
Wales
chinadoll is female  chinadoll has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2010, 07:47 PM

Aw good old Radio Caroline brings back sweet memories and radio Luxenbourgh ( I cant spell that).

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top