Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2013, 09:49 PM

So tired...

Is anybody else feeling very tired all the time recently? Over the last few days I've felt as if I could sleep for days and days even after a good nights sleep.

I am having a stressful time with my dear friend passing last week but I've had bad times before and never felt like this.

Could it be that "SAD" thingy?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2013, 10:55 PM

Re: So tired...

I have been tired this week, I drove 250km to Canberra on Monday, 250km back on Tuesday, Wednesday - 90km train to Sydney to go to a show 90km back afterwards, finally 250km back to Canberra yesterday. With temperatures up to 43'C I don't thinks it's SAD.

This morning I am going to the Toulouse Lautrec Exhibition at the National Gallery but I am feeling pretty good after a good rest last night. Driving back home on Sunday.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2013, 11:26 PM

I always seem to get Tired around the Middle of Winter...as it is now, and often find Myself having a Sleep in front of the Fire around Mid Afternoon. This always Vanishes with the coming of Spring....Always. I think it's to do with getting some Sun on me in the Morning, feel Good Factor. Could be S.A.D. or as my Mum calls it...Winter Blues.

http://www.bupa.co.uk/individuals/he...irectory/s/sad
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 12:21 AM

Like Roxy I also seem to get more tired mid winter and wonder if this is possibly related to our circadian rhythm and a time when we would have gone to bed when it was dark and arose with the daylight.

I think it is natural for us to feel more active when the days are light and longer just like many plants and animals
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 01:51 AM

Hmmm interesting, I thought it was just me.... feeling tired all the time at the moment and if I'm home in the afternoon have a cat nap or maybe later in the evening. Glad to hear its not just me.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I have been tired this week, I drove 250km to Canberra on Monday, 250km back on Tuesday, Wednesday - 90km train to Sydney to go to a show 90km back afterwards, finally 250km back to Canberra yesterday. With temperatures up to 43'C I don't thinks it's SAD.

This morning I am going to the Toulouse Lautrec Exhibition at the National Gallery but I am feeling pretty good after a good rest last night. Driving back home on Sunday.
With the greatest respect Bruce, I very much doubt that anybody in the Southern Hemisphere could understand the very well-documented medical symptom of SAD - Seasonal Affective Disorder.

It has nothing to do with tiredness from driving X amount of miles, but a seasonal thing which does affect many people who live in colder climates and is very real and can also cause severe depression, most especially in areas which have to suffer severe snow fall, ice and freezing conditions and where folk suffer from the cold in their own homes. This condition couldn't possibly happen in your part of the world.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 06:03 AM

Not tired but just a little bored as I like being outdoors but the weather has not been conducive of late. Roll on the spring when we can be outdoors more.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 07:46 AM

I wish I could sleep longer, usually awake after 3 to 4 hours sleep, this morning I have tried getting up instead of lying there.
Sorry OU can't help you myself, enjoy it whilst you can.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 10:17 AM

I hibernate during these long dark wintry days. There's not much pressing so I will go with the flow.

On balance I have concluded that I suffer from lack of sunlight. SAD seems to the official name given to this condition..

REminds me of the arguments concerning whether or not Myalgic Encephalitis (M.E.) is a genuine syndrome.
Further back

I guess that similar problems came to the surface when Dyslexia became recognised and there was more understanding
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 10:25 AM

I guess there is a medical reason for everything?

On the other hand could it be as simple as 'Old age'

http://tinyurl.com/75m2j52

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top