Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 11:46 AM

Re: Happy Friday Everyone.

Good morning all, overcast and cold here today.
Poor Loki and you Rosemary, what a worry sending healing vibes.
Waiting for shopping..they are late today
Have a good day everyone.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 11:49 AM

Good morning fellow members the sun is shining but it is very cold.
I was in Waitrose at 8am and it was empty, that is clearly the time to go if you want to get around quickly.

I came back armed with red cabbage to pickle, Seville oranges to make marmalade and flour to make bread so I am in for a busy weekend in the kitchen.

Baby Hannah will be here soon so I need to get some jobs out of the way first.

Rosemary you must be exhausted, I do hope things settle down for Loki and you can both get some rest x

Enjoy your day everyone..
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 12:02 PM

Good morning all, it's a lovely morning here, bright, sunny, and not too cold. Rosemary I do hope Loki gets back to normal quickly, it must be very distressing for both of you, fingers crossed for you. Nothing new or wonderful happening here.
Enjoy the day folks.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 12:48 PM

Good morning folks.

Awoke from a 12 hour sleep at 11AM (yep, 11PM to 11AM) and do feel a bit better.

Got a funeral to attend tomorrow morning so I'll probably spend today writing my eulogy, or trying to at least.

Going to go and pick up my Rolex from the jewelers this afternoon as he phoned up and said he'd managed to fix it, it was just the winding mechanism that had broken.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 02:07 PM

Late on parade today but better late than never. Hello everyone, have a good day from what's left of it.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 02:32 PM

I seem to be getting later each day. But here at last, horrible cold wet day again. Heading for the fire in the Den after i get the Dinner in the Oven to cook. Enjoy your Day Everyone.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 04:01 PM

A late visit from me too ..... hello everyone

Went to the dentist this morning for a check, scrape and polish - all's well, nothing needs doing and I came away with the Colgate Ring of Confidence!

Just had a phone call from my health centre asking me to go there on the 28th for a full health check ...... this will coincide with the four BP readings I have to take in the next 10 days Hmmm... I wonder what news they will have to tell me

Rosemary, I hope Loki settles down now and you can both relax...

OB, I'm pleased to hear you had a very good sleep last night, sounds like it was long overdue...

Have a good weekend everyone.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 04:17 PM

Good afternoon all. Bright and sunny at the moment, but cold. I wonder if we are going to get snow Saturday evening?

Rosemary, I hope Loki will get better soon and not have too many fits, I feel so sorry for her. Sue xx
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
Bet you wish you could have
some of our rain Bruce. Sounded a good day out.
Well not doing too much today. Take care all and have a nice day.
You're not wrong. Everywhere is brown, there is no moisture in the soil at all. The last rain I saw was 15mm Christmas Eve.Today (Saturday) is going to be another scorcher - they are not so bad because humidity is so low.

The weak monsoon is not breaking up the heat bubble over the centre of the continent hence the heatwaves affecting the coast. That is precious soil in the picture; read the article for details.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2013, 11:29 PM

Well Friday is almost over. Not looking forward to tomorrow but there's nothing I can do about that.

I dug out my old John Carpenter's "Christine" video cassette earlier so I'll stick that in the VCR in the bedroom and get tucked under the duvet.

Luckily my wife was on the ball today and took my suit to the dry cleaners ready for the funeral tomorrow.

You may not see me for a while so take care all.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top