Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2013, 03:44 PM

Re: Have you updated your driving licence photo?

I have gotten a few new licenses issued over the past 15 years since the picture license was introduced (mainly due to my health) and as such am all up to date.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2013, 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
They want everyone to have a licence with a photo on it Mollie for ID. Its the first thing you have to produce in a driving incident and they want to establish who you are. I think its a good thing to make people replace their old ones.
Then if I is involved in a driving incident, I shall tell them who I are. My details are on my driving licence which have never changed so they can establish who I are from that. I don't do cameras these days and if the police asks, I'll tell 'em I'm me!

Incidentally, on a more serious note, I keep in my purse a list of people and phone numbers to inform in case of an RTA, and a list of the medication I take as well.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2013, 01:44 PM

I probably should do that too Meg being in the ill-health I am.

Though practically everybody in a 20 mile radius of my home knows who I am and probably what colour Y-fronts I'm wearing so I doubt they'd have any trouble finding out who I am even if I had no ID.

Ah, the perks of living in a small Scottish community...
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2013, 11:27 PM

I've got a nice white plastic one with my photo on. In case of RTA or anything serious I have ICE with phone numbers in on my mobile, it's one of the first things they look for. ICE is for "IN Case Of Emergency".

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top