Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2013, 01:25 PM

Re: Happy Wednesday Everyone.

Good afternoon (just!) folks.

Finally got the belt through the post for the Kirby vacuum so I'll fit that and vacuum the house then go and wash the windows making sure to dry them very quickly (last time I washed them in December they froze up!).

Well remember I said I wanted to replace my coffee maker? Looks like I don't have a choice now as my cheap DeLonghi has just packed up.

I went to brew a pot this morning when I awoke at 10AM - filled the filter with grounds, poured water into the reservior and pressed the power button and went off down the road to get the papers and some cigarettes. I do this every morning so when I get back it is done.

Well when I got back in the door 20 minutes later I noticed I couldn't smell coffee, so walked to the kitchen and what did I find? The pot was empty.

I took it apart and it seems the water pump has bit the dust.

Oh well, it did have a hard life and for about £20 it wasn't too bad.

I've reserved the Philips HD7567 at my local Argos so I'll pop down later and pick that up. It has a timer on it so if I have to get up at a specific time I can set it to brew the coffee about 15 minutes before so I'll have a nice pot ready for me when I awake.

One thing I'd absolutely LOVE in a coffee maker (but no brand seems to make) is a remote control operated one so I could wake up at any given time, pick up the remote from my bedside cabinet and press a button which would turn the machine on then I could lay in bed for 10 minutes whilst it works and get up once it is completed.

I suppose there just aren't enough lazy b******* in this world to make it a selling point
MrsD
midlands uk
MrsD is female  MrsD has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2013, 03:11 PM

Hi everyone very cold here ,cobwebs are coated in frost ..
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2013, 03:18 PM

Hi Everyone, it's lovely here now the sun has come out but boy it is still very cold. Have a good day all.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2013, 04:26 PM

Hello all last night's hard frost made a pretty picture when looking out of the window this morning, it's still on the ground and bushes now with the temperature still only -1ºC.

I had a bad night trying to get to sleep, got up at 2.00am and went back to bed just after 4.00am - then I was awake for another hour or so before I eventually dropped off

Went to the Health Centre to get another BP reading, then called in Sainsbury's on the way home.

Jan, how are you feeling now ....is there any improvement?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top