Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2017, 01:28 PM

Are you able to talk?

Who do you turn to if you are worried or sad?

Have you someone you can talk to about absolutely anything?
Have you ever written to an 'Agony Aunt'?

Do you have a family member, or friend, or are you the sort of person who keeps it all in and prefers to work things out for yourself?

I have usually found men are the worse for keeping stuff in.
Why do you gents do that?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2017, 01:40 PM

Re: Are you able to talk?

You lot !

I've been helped so many times here. When Tasha died I thought I'd never smile again but you lot got me through that and that in turn helped my husband and Gracie.

I get annoyed here sometimes at the rudeness but there is no better lot of people when chips are down IMO.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2017, 01:43 PM

Mups I am usually very good at working things out for myself. My sis was with me when they told me I had cancer... and I had to comfort her! My school friend is probably the only person I talk to really!

I agree that men don't talk about problems easily and I suspect it is because they feel they are expected to be strong. eg they try not to cry when they know they need to!

To all the men reading this, I would like to say that ladies always respect and admire a man who can talk about problems, because it demonstrates that they have a heart & I can't recall any strong hero who didn't have a heart!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2017, 01:53 PM

I can talk for the universe and well beyond. It is shutting me up which is the problem!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2017, 02:04 PM

If I wasn't well I would confide in my son and daughter first as Mr Mags worries too much if there is anything wrong with me and doesn't handle it well .... then I would start worrying about him worrying about me
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2017, 02:07 PM

I shove it on places such as this .
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2017, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I shove it on places such as this .
This^. The positive side of the net.
It's quite amazing how helpful people on internet forums can be. It's also wonderful that these folk who are basically strangers in little 1-inch boxes will sometimes go out of their way to lend an ear.

I'm not one for bottling up problems at all. I hate things on my mind. If it's not a suitable subject for my wife to talk to about, I'll chat about stuff with my best mates in the pub at the weekend, or with colleagues at work.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2017, 02:43 PM

Normally I talk to OH but sometimes, especially these days he cant cope with emotional stuff..

I find that dogs are exceptionally good listeners and they never kiss and tell!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2017, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
This^. The positive side of the net.
It's quite amazing how helpful people on internet forums can be. It's also wonderful that these folk who are basically strangers in little 1-inch boxes will sometimes go out of their way to lend an ear.

I'm not one for bottling up problems at all. I hate things on my mind. If it's not a suitable subject for my wife to talk to about, I'll chat about stuff with my best mates in the pub at the weekend, or with colleagues at work.
I agree Floydy! Sometimes problems are too emotional to chat to the family about, but I have seen many comforting ideas and good advice, given by people on this forum.
During my recent illness people on here sent good wishes, and believe me, it really gives you the strength to fight the illness.
I am not better yet, but I am feeling better than I did... so thanks everybody!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2017, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
I find that dogs are exceptionally good listeners and they never kiss and tell!
Not if you have a talking cartoon dog they don't, Cass!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top