Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2018, 06:29 PM

Re: The end of the free TV licence?

This is the first time I haven't had to pay for a tv licence in 57 years...enough already..They want to start charging Me again They can go and get stuffed!...take Me to jail..3 square meals a day,no utility bills etc', sounds good to Me.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2018, 06:32 PM

I think when people reach 75 , they deserve a handout or two .
After all, the people from other countries do, the minute they set foot on English soil
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2018, 06:35 PM

I have not read it nor will I, sorry LD.
No matter what anyone wants or votes for the decision is already made by the powers to be.
I just simply cannot understand why the beeb continue taking money off us.
Why are they not advertising to pay out their extra large contracts to their overrated commentators and actors and talk show host's that work for them.

Then no one would have to part with their cash.

Sorry I sound so harsh about it but I was so looking forward to spending the next 10yrs of my life waiting for my free tv licence and now you tell me I ain't gonna get it.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2018, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
No matter what anyone wants or votes for the decision is already made by the powers to be.
Why are they not advertising to pay out their extra large contracts to their overrated commentators and actors and talk show host's that work for them.

Sorry I sound so harsh about it but I was so looking forward to spending the next 10yrs of my life waiting for my free tv licence and now you tell me I ain't gonna get it.
I think I would rather pay for the licence than suffer even more ads. The ad breaks are getting longer & most regular TV programmes are sponsored by an advertising company.
At least I can escape them on the BBC at the moment, but I do worry that, one day, Ads will be all you get when you switch the TV on.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2018, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I think I would rather pay for the licence than suffer even more ads. The ad breaks are getting longer & most regular TV programmes are sponsored by an advertising company.
At least I can escape them on the BBC at the moment, but I do worry that, one day, Ads will be all you get when you switch the TV on.
To be honest Twink I very rarely watch tv these days.
I watch sports but I pay Now TV my daily subscription when something good is on that I want to see like the Boro games.

What I want to see I either buy the dvd or I download.

But I have always thought that the beeb should advertise in my early days I would get up and make a cuppa whilst the adverts were on.
I used to love Corrie and Emmerdale I knew all the characters but these days I would not give them the time of day.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->

Ha ha sorry to disappoint you LF. I do agree with you however, that it matters not what we vote for, that doesn't just apply to the BBC of course.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 03:50 PM

I agree with the above (LF), What does the BBC gives us any more? They only have certain sporting events because most have been bought up by Sky and the like, the News is so biased it should only be shown in Russia and as for their overpaid presenters.....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 04:56 PM

There is nothing on TV at the moment that would induce me to buy one and start paying a licence fee again. The BBC lost the plot years ago when they started making puerile 'reality' shows and doling out extortionate salaries to talentless drones.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 05:06 PM

I don't mind paying the licence, my radio is on BBC radio 4 from 6am to evening when I have the TV on, BBC1 or 2 mainly so I think I get good value from my licence fee.

I am not yet eligible for a rebate on my licence yet and don't think I should have one anyway.
I am classed as a low-income household but spend what little I have with care and I don't expect others to supplement my choice of entertainment.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 05:54 PM

The licence fee should be scrapped altogether. If people wish to watch the dross pumped out by the BBC on a regular basis they should make it subscription only then those who choose to watch their shite can pay for the privilege without making the rest of us pay for them.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top