13. Stair carpet 1 3.45%
14. Another stroke 0 0%
15. An accident 2 6.90%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Page 7 of 17 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2017, 05:03 PM

Re: "Who Pushed Ken Barlow?"

Originally Posted by Boot ->
Doh! Just when I thought I'd solved the mystery!
Never mind Boot, it shows you have an active brain
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2017, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Boot ->
Doh! Just when I thought I'd solved the mystery!
Hey ... I like you detective attitude.
I'm still a little flummoxed why when Ken heard the back door or someone in the house he carried on upstairs and didn't investigate.
And they said he had bruises on his wrist?
Protecting himself? Or someone grabbing his arms to try to stop him falling?

Whoever it was must have already been upstairs and Ken was in the sittingroom listening to music just before his fall and presumably if the assailant came in through the open back door they would have to pass Ken ....
so did his alleged assailant come in through the front and have a key?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2017, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I'm still a little flummoxed why when Ken heard the back door or someone in the house he carried on upstairs and didn't investigate.

Whoever it was must have already been upstairs and Ken was in the sittingroom listening to music just before his fall and presumably if the assailant came in through the open back door they would have to pass Ken ....
Well spotted Morty, I think you are right. I am convinced that it was something written in Daniels Book that angered him, and he went round to take revenge.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2017, 07:49 PM

Boot could still have a valid point. Writers know when their episodes are airing, and include stuff accordingly. If that silly woman detective thought about it, she could still solve the mystery.

Apparently Bill Roache is the only one who now knows what did it!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2017, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Well spotted Morty, I think you are right. I am convinced that it was something written in Daniels Book that angered him, and he went round to take revenge.
Could I refer you girls to post number 26.......It states as follows.....

I voted for it to have been an accident.
Ken had made it to the top of the stairs with the kettle, the sound of the back door opening made him stop and turn. For him to have been pushed someone would have had to be behind him at the top of the stairs. So it couldn't have been whoever came through the back door. Most of the suspects were down stairs. Phelan, Adam, Sinead, Eccles......Ken was sat having a drink listening to his music when Phelan was identified in the pub and Sinead was banging on the door outside, they would have had to pass Ken to get up the stairs. Unless the assailant was already at the top of the stairs. Most of them can be accounted for before Ken sat relaxing. So in my opinion he was surprised, turned and fell.......
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2017, 08:53 PM

How did he get bruises on his wrists then OGF?

Did the kettle maul him on the way down?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

01-04-2017, 08:57 PM

Do we have another rank outsider to consider?

Who's that lad who works for Phelan? He's a bit of a scally. Could he have been rifling upstairs?
And .. that chap Adam crossed swords with over drugs who made threats against his family?

Good this innit
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2017, 09:23 PM

OK, here's another wild theory - assuming Ken's watch was still in Winter time - there's TWO of 'em who know who dunnit!

All the family seem to have a key, so one of them came in through the front door - possibly Adam, to collect the money, thinking everyone was out? He saw Ken asleep in the chair, so quietly nipped upstairs to rootle around for valuables or wait until Ken went out - hadn't Amy told him they were all going out? - but then he heard Ken coming up the stairs and prepared to make a dash for it.

Then Pat Phelan came in the back door to collect his tools, which is what Ken heard when he paused on the stairs. Then Adam tried to run past him down the stairs but there was a tussle and a bit of grabbing. Ken fell down, Adam legged it out the back door - not noticing Phelan, who'd ducked into the front parlour doorway or the back yard privy to avoid being seen - but Phelan witnessed it all and knows who dunnit but is just biding his time to do a bit of profitable blackmail.

Or it could have been same scenario with any one of the other Barlow family upstairs for various reasons - and we still don't know where Amy went in the time between leaving the Concert Hall and Tracy finding her in the street.

Mind you, I like Morticia's idea of Adam's drug dealing enemy - he was probably the one who gave Adam those bruises, I reckon - and that toerag Fay is going out with was a good suggestion too - he seems the type he would poke around and nick stuff - he had his eye on Uncle Albert's Medal a few days earlier.

I did hear that Ken had recently switched Eccles dog biscuits to a cheaper brand, so he had a motive too!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

01-04-2017, 09:28 PM

I didn't know that Boots .... dogs can take a decidedly stroppy turn when their favourites chewies and food is messed with.

Anyone seen Eccles since the crime? Does he look sheepish?
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2017, 09:29 PM

I didn't know that about Boots .... dogs can take a decidedly stroppy turn when their favourites chewies and food is messed with.

Anyone seen Eccles since the crime? Does he look sheepish?
Well, don't tell anyone else about Eccles - he wuffed it to me in confidence!

Page 7 of 17 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top