Join for free
Page 100 of 164 « First < 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 02:06 PM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

Originally Posted by KP53 ->
completely agree with you Twink - most people I have spoken to have had differing symptoms after the AZ and Pfizer jabs but nothing awful.
Mine were pretty awful so I can understand why Mups collapsed. I would say of family and friends it's 50:50 for little or no reaction vs feeling quite unwell for 2-3 days. They do all recover afterwards. But everyone has a different journey with AZ. Pfizer is pretty much nil reaction from people I know who have had it so I'm glad they gave it to people that were most vulnerable.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Because there is always a reason why a perfectly healthy human being suddenly gets brought down by something entering their system Twink... Even a poor immune system is caused by something....

This is not a 'Small Risk' Twink, it's allowing a relatively untested chemical to be administered into your bloodstream. You are being used as an experiment..... To see what happens, and it doesn't end here does it? The protection from the vaccine only lasts six months at best, what about the cumulative effects?

And that's a contradiction if ever I heard one Twink.....
You have allowed the MSM to frighten the living daylights out of you, enough for you to beg them for a vaccine..... D'you want to buy a second hand motor? I've got just thing....
Sorry Foxy, MSM did not frighten me, I just assumed it was common sense to produce a vaccine as soon as possible. If we had waited years for the usual vaccine testing considerably more people would have died! I know how vaccines work & I also know that no pharmaceutical company would risk selling a vaccine that will produce numerous deaths.... but that doesn't mean that a few may not suffer adverse effects.
I know that you have decided not to take any risk, and that is your choice, but I was merely pointing out that most of us take some risk with the medicines we take daily.
Vaccines stimulate your immune system to produce antibodies, which don't stop you catching the illness, they just give you a much stronger chance of beating it quickly...... so even if you have inside knowledge that the vaccine only works for 6 months & we have to have further jabs, I doubt that we will suffer cumulative effects & assume AZ will continue testing just to be sure.
Most scientists will tell you that the reason for vaccination is to continue preventing large numbers of people infecting others, in the hope that the disease will become less of a threat & eventually nothing to worry about!
Remember the smallpox vaccine that left many with scars on their arms. I am sure people were scared by that, but thank god they took the risk because you never hear of the disease now!
KP53
New Member!
Wiltshire
KP53 is female 

21-03-2021, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Mine were pretty awful so I can understand why Mups collapsed. I would say of family and friends it's 50:50 for little or no reaction vs feeling quite unwell for 2-3 days. They do all recover afterwards. But everyone has a different journey with AZ. Pfizer is pretty much nil reaction from people I know who have had it so I'm glad they gave it to people that were most vulnerable.
I am sorry to hear that I did feel rough for a couple of days but when I compared it to having Covid, there was no comparison. I had a friend who had a swollen painful arm after Pfizer but that could be down to the nurse who gave the injection, rather than the actual chemicals
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 02:33 PM

completely agree with you Twink - most people I have spoken to have had differing symptoms after the AZ and Pfizer jabs but nothing awful.
We all have different pain thresholds so some people may feel they are suffering more than others, but I agree that very few suffer for more than 3 days. That is why people are advised to contact their GP if they don't improve after 3 days.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 03:11 PM

It's nothing to do with pain thresholds Twink. Some people are reacting others are not. You don't develop a fever because you are more sensitive to pain.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

21-03-2021, 03:14 PM

I am sorry to hear that I did feel rough for a couple of days but when I compared it to having Covid, there was no comparison. I had a friend who had a swollen painful arm after Pfizer but that could be down to the nurse who gave the injection, rather than the actual chemicals
It will be a reaction if it's swollen. Moderna has a more common "moderna arm" reaction.

The main thing is that although some people react badly, 26 million people have had these vaccines and we haven't heard of 26 million dying.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 03:53 PM

It's nothing to do with pain thresholds Twink. Some people are reacting others are not. You don't develop a fever because you are more sensitive to pain.
All this talk about a fever ! Just because there’s a slight elevation that’s not a fever . I had a temperature of 103 F when. I had pneumonia . That is a fever!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

21-03-2021, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
All this talk about a fever ! Just because there’s a slight elevation that’s not a fever . I had a temperature of 103 F when. I had pneumonia . That is a fever!
Friends reported 101. I am the one who had a slightly raised temperature. I think just over 100 is when its considered fever territory.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 04:09 PM

The main thing is that although some people react badly, 26 million people have had these vaccines and we haven't heard of 26 million dying.
Indeed .....
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

21-03-2021, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
The Covid people say you should seek advice if you are over 38C. I was 37.9C but a couple of paracetamol put that right, just as they would have reduced pain!
Yours was 39.4C Zuleika, so you were very sick!

Page 100 of 164 « First < 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top