Join for free
Page 11 of 12 « First < 9 10 11 12 >
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 04:16 PM

Re: no deal actually means lots of deals

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Yours is exactly the insidious and nasty, patronising and demeaning attitude that millions of British voters rebelled against when they voted Brexit.

For years the undercurrent of ordinary voters' dissatisfaction with the EU , the Gov't and society was dismissed with a 'shut up we know what's best for you ' attitude from the political, media and chattering classes who were materially benefitting from EU membership.

Meanwhile their communities were deluged with cheap, foreign labour with no plan as to who, how many or for what purpose these people were coming and as a result Brits were being undercut on wages and undermined by the oversupply of Europe's unemployed and unwanted.
From 30,000 p.a to 300,000 p.a for 10 years solid............Go figure!

People were NOT feeling the benefit of membership and Brexit was the result. For those people nothing has changed and nothing will change. There is no benefit to EU membership so might as well get out and build a different future, one that will open up the country to the world and which will allow the whole of society to materially improve their lot.
1. I believe that your first paragraph is more to do with your own lack of simple understanding and a intransigent outlook rather than anything I have said.

2. Has it not always been thus?
I remember reading a book on the 1st World War which described the fact that 40% of those who wished to volunteer were turned down because they where undernourished. No EU then sunshine but we where 'great' as you and you lot believe.

3. On this one you are believing your own rhetoric I'm afraid. Take a look at the independent Migration Advisory Committee reports on the subject. Don't think you will because it tells you the truth about EU migration, some thing you probably won't recognise.

4. The fact that people as you say where not feeling the benefits of membership and then you rant on that there are no benefits to membership????????? That has got to be weird, make your mind up if you can.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by gascony ->
The people who don't seem to know this are the people who want to delight in the idea that Germany and German business will suffer in the event of a no deal Brexit. That would be you being confused. Or people who want to make Nazi Germany links when talking about the EU. Err, might that be you again?
People taking delight in german suffering caused by a brexit induced by UK are obviously still fighting the ww2.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
1. I believe that your first paragraph is more to do with your own lack of simple understanding and a intransigent outlook rather than anything I have said.

2. Has it not always been thus?
I remember reading a book on the 1st World War which described the fact that 40% of those who wished to volunteer were turned down because they where undernourished. No EU then sunshine but we where 'great' as you and you lot believe.

3. On this one you are believing your own rhetoric I'm afraid. Take a look at the independent Migration Advisory Committee reports on the subject. Don't think you will because it tells you the truth about EU migration, some thing you probably won't recognise.

4. The fact that people as you say where not feeling the benefits of membership and then you rant on that there are no benefits to membership????????? That has got to be weird, make your mind up if you can.
Item4 in your reply to Moscow, itsme, l think you misunderstood
his meaning!
When he said people were not feeling the benefits of eu
membership he did NOT imply there WERE benefits to
eu membership but rather the opposite, that they were not
feeling the benefits because thre were NO BENEFITS!!!
Have you got it now??

Regards Donkeyman!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
his meaning!
Have you got it now??

Regards Donkeyman!
You're wasting your breath Donks.

Incidentally, I just heard something on the radio, that said the EU came up with the backstop deliberately, as a means of delaying or cancelling Brexit, as they knew the chaos it would cause!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
People taking delight in german suffering caused by a brexit induced by UK are obviously still fighting the ww2.
How many times do l have to give you this answer Solly?
We have no wish, and derive no pleasure from any suffering
that might be inflicted on any nation in the eu by brexit!
We merely wish to drop out of the club, there is no malice
intended or vinvolved from our side!
I think the eu made a bad start when they threatened the
british vpeople with dire repercussions when the brexit ref
result was announced?

Regards vDonkeyman!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 08:46 PM

result was announced?

Regards vDonkeyman!
Well said, but many will never get it.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

20-08-2019, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
You're wasting your breath Donks.

Incidentally, I just heard something on the radio, that said the EU came up with the backstop deliberately, as a means of delaying or cancelling Brexit, as they knew the chaos it would cause!
Sounds very likely to me itsme, but what is the point you
are making??

Regards Donkeyman!
gascony
Gascony
gascony is male 

20-08-2019, 10:46 PM

result was announced?

Regards vDonkeyman!
Cough politely. This forum has been full of references to Germany still trying to dominate the world; or the EU being a replacement for the third reich; or England winning against Germany; or the joy of England beating France/Germany/Italy in the context of a perceived UK vs EU battle. The whole Brexit debate is so often (here and in dumb tabloid media) presented as us (super England) versus them ( deceitful Europe).
The oh so ignorant (but so very well rehearsed by Brexit HQ) poster Bread even recently delighted in his hopes for punishing of the German car industry.
So please. Do not pretend that you Brexit fans are anti EU and anti European countries. You are. That is your premise. Own it.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by gascony ->
Cough politely. This forum has been full of references to Germany still trying to dominate the world; or the EU being a replacement for the third reich; or England winning against Germany; or the joy of England beating France/Germany/Italy in the context of a perceived UK vs EU battle. The whole Brexit debate is so often (here and in dumb tabloid media) presented as us (super England) versus them ( deceitful Europe).
The oh so ignorant (but so very well rehearsed by Brexit HQ) poster Bread even recently delighted in his hopes for punishing of the German car industry.
So please. Do not pretend that you Brexit fans are anti EU and anti European countries. You are. That is your premise. Own it.

I never said anything about punishing the German car industry. I gave you economics.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 11:06 AM

his meaning!
Have you got it now??

Regards Donkeyman!

Mind reading again eh, one can only react to what is wrote and not to what he or some other arrogant person thinks he meant.

Page 11 of 12 « First < 9 10 11 12 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top