Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2020, 10:44 AM

Dracula - BBC One

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07rxf89

In Transylvania in 1897, the blood-drinking Count is drawing his plans against Victorian London. And be warned: the dead travel fast.
The first episode has picked up surprisingly good reviews, including this one:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...at-mark-gatiss

Fun, smart, scary and with just the right whiff of ham … Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss have served up a diabolic luxury
Did anyone watch it .....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2020, 10:50 AM

Re: Dracula - BBC One

I thought it was pretty good as TV programmes go. Mostly in the correct order, no Rap gangsta music and no one liner jokes. It starts from when Johnathon Harker has escaped and is looked after by the Nuns (that's about three quarters of the way through the Bram Stoker original. I still think it has some way to go to beat the Gary Oldman version but I will be watching the next one.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2020, 10:54 AM

The Dracula story is rather old hat isn't it? Personally though I don't enjoy "horror" films as it all seems so pointless being scared out of your wits for the sake of it, although if it works for you...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2020, 11:04 AM

So far, I think it is better than the other two BBC offerings, already discussed.
Still a little slow and, of course, quite removed from the original story but that's what those particular playwrights do!
The effects were good and it was quite interesting and entertaining.
Certainly, I'll be watching the other two and hope for the best.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2020, 11:35 AM

I'm watching it later today, mainly to listen to the slightly comedic "Borat" accent Dracula is supposed to have, according to some opinions.
Woodsman59
Hayling Island
Woodsman59 is male  Woodsman59 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2020, 12:24 PM

We watched it last night , wife went out to the kitchen and missed the last half hour and I missed the last ten minutes going up to brush teeth.
She basically went scaredy cat , she doesn't like vampire films. We won't be watching any more of it, I used to love the old Hammer ones but she said she couldn't even watch those : )
So , yep ; went scaredy cats on me. Or scaredy dogs , to be inclusive.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2020, 12:56 PM

I started watching it, but couldn't get into it at all. Like others I was never a fan of vampire/horror films.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2020, 01:22 PM

I enjoyed it, it was a bit cheesy in parts but, I didn't take it seriously from the beginning.
Not like me to like remakes or deviations from original stories!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2020, 02:38 PM

Hated it left the room after 10 minutes
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2020, 02:55 PM

We recorded it, will watch all three together..

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top