Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2020, 10:50 PM

Dancing On Ice.....

What’s going on? I don’t know if l like it anymore?

The same old presenters Holly and Phil . Can’t they give anyone else a chance? These two turn up as presenters everywhere. I can’t watch them.

The judging panel? I didn’t feel their marking was about how good the contestants were but who they were. I think you might disagree on that?

I think Caprice is going to be annoying!

What did you think of the show?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2020, 11:26 PM

Re: Dancing On Ice.....

I do agree, Holly and Phil seem to be on everything now.

I wonder if perhaps the programme follows on too soon after we've only just had "Strictly" on for many weeks?

It was on here, but I wasn't paying proper attention and so missed some of it.
I will say I am not that keen on them introducing same sex partners now though.
With half the judges on Strictly being gay, I suppose it's inevitable that will go the same way next autumn when it returns too.

I will try and pay better attention to it next week and give a better opinion.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2020, 11:31 PM

I love dancing on ice I think it takes such skill to learn to skate so proficiently in such a short time.
I also like Holly and Phil, I haven't seen them on any other programme and I much prefer them to the awful Tess on Strictly.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2020, 11:41 PM

Watching John Barrymore fall and break his wrist and then Trisha taking a tumble it made feel very concerned. I mean it must hurt. Why do they bring it on themselves?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

09-01-2020, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Watching John Barrymore fall and break his wrist and then Trisha taking a tumble it made feel very concerned. I mean it must hurt. Why do they bring it on themselves?

Who on earth is ‘John’ Barrymore? It’s funny, at the time l didn’t think it sounded right. I should have checked!
It should be Michael.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 05:40 PM

Who on earth is ‘John’ Barrymore? It’s funny, at the time l didn’t think it sounded right. I should have checked!
John does sound right - you must have seen the name in the credits for an old movie:

John Barrymore - Hollywood's Tragic Hero

Barrymore's good looks and remarkable talent made him one of the first great stars of silent movies.

Barrymore was as commanding on screen as he had been on stage and he co-starred with some of the biggest stars of the day. In 1932 he appeared in the popular 'A Bill of Divorcement' with Katharine Hepburn in her movie debut. In the same year he co-starred with Greta Garbo, Wallace Beery as well as his brother, Lionel, in the classic 'Grand Hotel'.

Barrymore was renowned as a ladies man. As well as many affairs he was married four times with each marriage ending in divorce.

Barrymore played supporting roles for much of the remainder of his career, mainly in high quality movies such as 'Twentieth Century' in 1934 with Carole Lombard, 'Romeo and Juliet' in 1936 and with Norma Shearer in 'Marie Antoinette' in 1938. But his star had waned. From the late 1930's on the excesses of his life caught up with him and his decline was as swift as it was tragic.

He lost his dashing good looks and appeared bloated and slow. Worse still, his memory deteriorated to the point where he could not remember his lines.

He died in his sleep on May 29, 1942. Cause of death was cirrhosis with complications from pneumonia, hemorrhaging ulcers, and hardening of the arteries. He was sixty years old.
Drew is his granddaughter .....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 06:04 PM

It should be Michael.

You're probably getting muddled up with John Barrowman?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2020, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That sounds more likely .....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

09-01-2020, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
John does sound right - you must have seen the name in the credits for an old movie:

John Barrymore - Hollywood's Tragic Hero

Drew is his granddaughter .....
No, Omah. l don’t remember him. Must’ve been before my time!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

09-01-2020, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Mups, No l definitely didn’t! My brain is not that far gone!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top