Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2020, 03:09 PM

Re: Cloning of domestic pets

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Yes & if I was going to get another dog after the loss of one, it would be a rescue centre I would go to.
I have seen dogs stuffed after death & they are spooky, no way & to have a cloned one even more spooky. It's a horrible idea.
I think cloning & stuffing show no respect to the animal?
Donkeyman!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2020, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Donkeyman!

Yes, that's an interesting way of looking at it, and I agree.

I wonder if they could have a say in it, would they want to be cloned?

I am sure you are unique Donkeyman, but would you personally, want to be cloned?
Would any anyone else?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2020, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, that's an interesting way of looking at it, and I agree.

I wonder if they could have a say in it, would they want to be cloned?

I am sure you are unique Donkeyman, but would you personally, want to be cloned?
Would any anyone else?
Exactly my point Mups, l would'nt, especially being stuffed!
I think we should show our pets the same respect as we show
humans? Let them exist in our memories!
Donkeyman!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2020, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Donkeyman!
Yes, that's right, it doesn't.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2020, 05:31 PM

It's not for me either. Part of the joy of having pets is getting to know their individual personalities. I do wonder though if we were offered a clone on the day our pets die, would we agree to it? Of course even a clone wouldn't have the same experiences and memories as the original pet.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2020, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It's not for me either. Part of the joy of having pets is getting to know their individual personalities. I do wonder though if we were offered a clone on the day our pets die, would we agree to it? Of course even a clone wouldn't have the same experiences and memories as the original pet.

That's what I meant earlier, dongle, when I said decision making while we are in a vulnerable, grieving frame of mind.

I believe I heard they are going to do larger animals soon too, like horses!

I bet they do offer humans in the future. In fact, wouldn't be surprised if it is already being experimented on behind lab doors already.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2020, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That's what I meant earlier, dongle, when I said decision making while we are in a vulnerable, grieving frame of mind.

I believe I heard they are going to do larger animals soon too, like horses!

I bet they do offer humans in the future. In fact, wouldn't be surprised if it is already being experimented on behind lab doors already.
I just can't see how it would work really, whether for animals or humans. Sure they wouldn't know us from Adam, so there wouldn't be the same bond. If you had a family member cloned, i presume they would be a baby rather than a grown person????
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

07-01-2020, 09:07 PM

I just can't see how it would work really, whether for animals or humans. Sure they wouldn't know us from Adam, so there wouldn't be the same bond. If you had a family member cloned, i presume they would be a baby rather than a grown person????
Yes, l dont think the clone would be the original being, its brain
would need programning to adopt the required personality first!
Getting complicated innit?
Donkeyman!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

07-01-2020, 09:41 PM

I agree, and that's what I said in post 5 dongle. I think because they look identical, people would expect them to be the same, walk the same, play the same, and love them the same, and would then be bitterly disappointed if their character was nothing like their previouis pet.

Suppose Mrs. LD. wanted you cloned, (heaven help us ) would you sign up, and give your permission?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2020, 09:50 PM

To me, it would be like taking a ghost out for walk on a lead!

As much as l have loved and miss my pets. I wouldn’t want a ‘manmade copy’!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top