Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2012, 02:27 PM

Re: doom and gloom

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
And the Tory Government aren't Bob???? - that's the whole reason for the Leveson enquiry - to figure out just how many Tory Politicians were either climbing into bed with Rupert Murdoch or how many were being paid by him.
I never said that Joe, I think all politicains have problems understanding what is the truth and what is a lie, But no politicians are as bad as Union officials IMO.

By the way did you know that Blair is Godfather to Murdoch,s daughter? Talk about the mafia!!!!
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2012, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
I never said that Joe, I think all politicains have problems understanding what is the truth and what is a lie, But no politicians are as bad as Union officials IMO.

By the way did you know that Blair is Gadfather to Murdoch,s daughter? Talk about the mafia!!!!
glory be it's good job I didn't mention the state of the economy isn't it??
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2012, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
glory be it's good job I didn't mention the state of the economy isn't it??
Oh I don't know Hazel - why not give it a go - I double dare you I was just thinking it's gone a bit quiet on here lately
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2012, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Oh I don't know Hazel - why not give it a go - I double dare you I was just thinking it's gone a bit quiet on here lately
Tickle off I can get myself in enough trouble without you helping me. You do it.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2012, 09:52 PM

I believe that this has got to be a positive thing and we have a need to know and should be informed of what is going on around us. So, my opinion is that it is a good thing. We don't live in isolation anymore - we can't bury our heads in the sand and pretend things are not going on.
'Need to know' why To be totally honest I'm finding I don't have time to do all the things I want to do, never mind listening to news reports or reading newspapers.

I always thought that when retired or semi-retired (As I am) there would be plenty of time but actually I genuinely reckon that I have much LESS time now for keeping abreat of world news, let alone UK news.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2012, 10:11 PM

I suppose I need to know Losos because if I am aware the news is available out there I have to have at least have a bit of information about things or I might not be prepared if the sky fell in - maybe I'm warding off the chicken licken effect plus I'm inquisitive about things
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2012, 08:53 AM

maybe I'm warding off the chicken licken effect
'chicken licken effect' that's a new one on me Rena

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top