Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2012, 09:54 AM

Re: Almost 50.... dreading it

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
The reationship I had with my dad was such a good one, a lot better than the one I had with my mum and, looking back through an adult's eyes, I wonder if she was a bit jealous of our closeness. My temperament was more like his and I certainly took after his side of the family. It was always my dad who seemed to provide for my emotional needs and when she was cross with me my mum used to say "you're just like your father - which was meant to be an insult rather than a compliment. Funny things parent child relationships. I imagine we could all write a book about our families and our upbringing and each account would be unique.
This is so true. I wish I could write a book as my story is quite interesting However, I always say that I would need a ghost writer as emotions, even old buried ones, come to the surface as you think about the past.
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2012, 08:35 PM

I had a good relationship with my Dad. But sadly he died when I was 22.
I never got on well with my Mother. She should never have had children. To selfish, and never had time for my sister and I, though she did get on with our brother. He could never do anything wrong in her eyes.

My sister and I, have good relationship with our children, we both would do anything for them.
We both don't understand why she was so distance with us.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2012, 09:27 PM

I wonder if she was jealous of you girls shaz? I know my husband was very jealous of my eldest son to a point where he abused him and tried to make him look foolish in company. This was the actions of a weak bully but I am sure parents can be jealous of their children, particularly like your mother who you say was selfish, she probably hated the love that you and your dad shared. How sad the loved one died first.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top