Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Hu99
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hu99 is male  Hu99 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2012, 11:17 PM

Re: Venus Transit.

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I watched a transit van instead !
You beat me to it, Alan
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2012, 01:01 PM

Since this happened in the early hours of the morning and it was pouring with rain outside, our chances of seeing any of it was zilch, so, as a consequence I was snugged down in my bed dead to the world. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2012, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Graham ->
You don't. If you want to see it, use a piece of card with a hole in it and shine it onto a second piece. You should see it quite clearly. This is how I took a picture of the transit last time it appeared.

There are solar glasses and filters around, but unless you know what you are looking for, its very dangerous.
Good to know! I remember when I was a kid we watched a solar eclipse through several strips of film negatives cut from the unexposed, processed ends of rolls but I haven't got those handy now.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2012, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
Good to know! I remember when I was a kid we watched a solar eclipse through several strips of film negatives cut from the unexposed, processed ends of rolls but I haven't got those handy now.
What!!???

During the eclipse some years ago, there were a number of people who suffered severe retina damage by staring at the sun using these cheap plastic visors which claimed to give solar protection.

Never, ever look at the sun.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2012, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Graham ->
What!!???

During the eclipse some years ago, there were a number of people who suffered severe retina damage by staring at the sun using these cheap plastic visors which claimed to give solar protection.

Never, ever look at the sun.
No danger of that at the moment Graham, I've almost forgotten what the sun looks like!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top