Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2012, 09:03 PM

Do you keep family pics in albums?

I'm slowly sorting through albums and organizing all our family pics for my daughter to scan and put on CDs for each of us. The albums are just so bulky and nobody ever looks through them. Any thought?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2012, 09:56 PM

Re: Do you keep family pics in albums?

We've got quite a few albums and we keep meaning to get them scanned and onto a CD, but I do like looking at albums. A lot came from my mum's when she died and quie a few of the photos are getting tatty. Some of them must be well over 60 years old. Not long ago I got a large quantity of old slides put onto a CD. Cost me over £100 but it was worth it because the slides were never seen.
All the new photos go onto the PC, but I think there is something cozy? about photo albums, so I am sure we will keep the the old ones even if we put the photos onto a CD
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2012, 10:05 PM

I will keep all my albums. But the more recent ones of the past few years are all on cd's.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2012, 10:41 PM

I've still got all the old albums but over a long period of time I've managed to scan and put them on CDs. I imagine they will last much longer and don't take up much room.

The ones with digital camera's I've added music and have the photos fading in and out at different angles. Very pleasant to watch with the music playing.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

07-06-2012, 08:35 AM

When we were clearing up the house for our move I was surprised by the number of loose photos( a thousand or more), and ones in albums we have accumulated in our 43 years of marriage, not to mention the ones we have on the computer! I will have to go through them all sometime and sort out the ones I want to keep, and the ones that can be chucked out. Most of them will be dumped anyway when I eventually pop my clogs, the kids don't want them.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2012, 09:17 AM

We have several photo albums of family interest, from Christenings to weddings and Holidays which have been scanned and put onto DVD's. However we only watch them when family come round.
Phot's, I have over 20,000 photo's on my computer which are in various albums and can be viewed in slide form onto the large TV.
Book type photo albums are a must for families IMO.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2012, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
We have several photo albums of family interest, from Christenings to weddings and Holidays which have been scanned and put onto DVD's. However we only watch them when family come round.
Phot's, I have over 20,000 photo's on my computer which are in various albums and can be viewed in slide form onto the large TV.
Book type photo albums are a must for families IMO.
Can you tell me Antibrown - when you view your photos through the TV, do you need a device to allow you to do it. We have a modern TV, but I don't know how to show photos through the TV.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2012, 10:40 AM

Aerolor, if you have your photos on a CD in JPEG format, most DVD players will play them, you can see them on your TV that way.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2012, 10:55 AM

I have lots of Photographs on my PC but I do prefer to use albums .

I bought a couple of new albums a while back and will fill them when I have time in the winter .
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2012, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Can you tell me Antibrown - when you view your photos through the TV, do you need a device to allow you to do it. We have a modern TV, but I don't know how to show photos through the TV.
Rena, we view our photo albums that are on my main PC, which is upstair in my study, through Windows Media center and my XBOX 360.My laptop I just connect a HDMI cable to the TV/Laptop and watch them through that.

If you have a any connection sockets on your TV that take Scart, VGA, DVI, HDMI and you have similar outputs from you PC/Laptop then you can just connect directly to your TV via a suitable cable.

These days with TV's that have wireless internet you can connect straight through your router and view them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top