Join for free
Page 5 of 15 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 09:04 AM

Re: Are Prolific Posters On Forums, Just Attention Seekers?

I don't think prolific posters are attention seekers, not in the least. I don't post very often but that's because I'm not here as often or as long as some. I think you have to spend time here to pick up the mood and get to know people. I have other things going on so I rarely do that.

I do often read without logging on though so I suppose I'm in the prolific reader category
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 09:20 AM

I am here quite a lot but don't post that much so I guess I am more of a prolific reader of posts . I do enjoy it though .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 09:36 AM

I don't think it all attention seeking I think people post for various reasons ,mainly that they need to reach out to others to communicate .
Those who post a lot do keep the forum going !
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 10:14 AM

I like to say all the things I want to get off my chest on here. In real life I never get a word in edgeways even when I do find someone to talk to!
I bet my friends and neighbours say I'm a good listener!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I don't think it all attention seeking I think people post for various reasons ,mainly that they need to reach out to others to communicate .
Those who post a lot do keep the forum going !
Good post Muddy and yes, I agree with that.
I also agree with Tessa, I don't communicate with many people at home, just family and a couple of friends and neighbours and it's not very often that we discuss interesting topics over the garden gate, just bit's of local gossip.

On here you can just duck in and out as time allows.
I'm probably one of those 'Attention Seekers' that Arty was inspired by to start this thread, and yes it's nice if people read my musings in Bob's Bits, so I guess I am attention seeking but it beats going out and robbing houses for a change.....Only joking, before you get on the phone to the local constabulary!

It's also nice to have something to do on the rainy days, and writing about me is a subject that I know a little bit about. If you want to know the real story warts and all, you'd have to speak to Mrs Fox about that......
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 10:45 AM

Also, I can't run very fast!
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Tachyon, l'm not sure why you don't post more and become an 'attention seeker'!
Being familiar with your quality and relevant posts you have lots to offer on many subjects!
Aw, thanks Artangel, that's very kind of you! I have to say I like your posts a lot too.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 12:27 PM

Forums have changed in the respect of at one time you could just merrily join in a topic but now everything you write is analysed, chewed over , studied, scrutinised and many times spat out.

Also if you are a private person who does not give out their life details but simply wants to join in you often get pushed aside for those that are more forthcoming (please note I did not say Attention Seekers)
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
I see you joined in 2010!
My genealogical friends and I joined about four years ago.

Some of us stayed ...
I didn't realise it was that long ago Rachel. This forum is a good one and I like to pop in - see what folks are saying, maybe comment - and then pop out again. It's a pity when people leave altogether and some people I have missed over the years. Never noticed much attention seeking - a lot of humour and wit. I love it when folks start messing around; sometimes I just sit laughing. Some people have a real talent for jesting and witty repartee - long may it last.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 04:55 PM

l hope no one on here thought l was labelling them as an 'attention seeker'!
I just like to throw in these random threads now and again... they are meant to be 'thought provoking'!!

Page 5 of 15 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top