Join for free
Page 6 of 15 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 05:01 PM

Re: Are Prolific Posters On Forums, Just Attention Seekers?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
l hope no one on here thought l was labelling them as an 'attention seeker'!
I just like to throw in these random threads now and again... they are meant to be 'thought provoking'!!
I just looked back at your beginner thread and would say - "we post a lot because we enjoy the banter and participating in the various topics!" You put up a lot of threads Artangel, which I think is great - I can't think up much interesting stuff people might like to respond to. I didn't think you were labelling anyone.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I just looked back at your beginner thread and would say - "we post a lot because we enjoy the banter and participating in the various topics!" You put up a lot of threads Artangel, which I think is great - I can't think up much interesting stuff people might like to respond to. I didn't think you were labelling anyone.

Thank You! Aerolor.
I suppose thinking about it, l was really taking the mickey out of myself, as l am a prolific poster!!

Anyone else, care to admit they are?!!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 05:30 PM

I post therefore I am.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
I post therefore I am.

It's therapeutic and cleansing....isn't it?!! OG
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 05:38 PM

Blimey Art! you'll be making this lady paranoid!!
Especially as I am one who is forever running off at the mouth once she starts. LOL. Remember? I am well known for saying n fifty words what could be said in two!.

Truthfully, I would imagine that anyone who posts is seeking the attention of sorts, but in the kindest possible way. I would imagine that if we post something, we expect some sort of response, so that must come under attention seeking.
I really enjoy coming on OFF at least once a day to share things with others. PLEASE NOTICE ME!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Forums have changed in the respect of at one time you could just merrily join in a topic but now everything you write is analysed, chewed over , studied, scrutinised and many times spat out.

Also if you are a private person who does not give out their life details but simply wants to join in you often get pushed aside for those that are more forthcoming (please note I did not say Attention Seekers)
Depends what sort of topic you join .
If you join a serious discussion you can still merrily join in but you have to expect your post to be read and challenged that is the nature of discussion . Lately we are a world in which plenty of serious things have happened and the discussion reflects this but there are still lighter topics to talk about .
I don't think anyone has to give out their life details in order to discuss things. In fact it much safer not to give out too much .
Have I misunderstood this ?
In what way are people pushed aside if they don't give out details?
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 05:40 PM

50 words when 2 would do?-I get used to it.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

23-06-2017, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Blimey Art! you'll be making this lady paranoid!!
Especially as I am one who is forever running off at the mouth once she starts. LOL. Remember? I am well known for saying n fifty words what could be said in two!.

Truthfully, I would imagine that anyone who posts is seeking the attention of sorts, but in the kindest possible way. I would imagine that if we post something, we expect some sort of response, so that must come under attention seeking.
I really enjoy coming on OFF at least once a day to share things with others. PLEASE NOTICE ME!
SG, Your threads are quality and you say it, how it is!
Mine are 'chewing gum' threads! You chew on them until the flavour goes! They are throw away, gone and forgotten threads!
Maybe, 'attention seeker' is not quite the right phrase but it's better than, 'Look at me, Look at me'!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

23-06-2017, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Depends what sort of topic you join .
If you join a serious discussion you can still merrily join in but you have to expect your post to be read and challenged that is the nature of discussion . Lately we are a world in which plenty of serious things have happened and the discussion reflects this but there are still lighter topics to talk about .
I don't think anyone has to give out their life details in order to discuss things. In fact it much safer not to give out too much .
In what way are people pushed aside if they don't give out details?
Muddy, l have noticed lately, that serious threads are now being posted in the 'General Chat' section, rather than the 'Discussion' section. l'm wondering, if this is because they are more likely to be noticed in this section than the serious section?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 05:54 PM

Yes I had noticed that too .
Although I must say I sometimes don't know where to post a thread .

Page 6 of 15 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top