Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Jimbo
Aberdeen,UK
Jimbo is male  Jimbo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2012, 10:30 PM

Joyce. (Updated @ post 23)

Letting you all know that I couldnt manage Joyce any more.....and had her admitted to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary.

I have been told by Consultant that they cant do anything more for her.

That should her heart stop,they will NOT try to recussitate her.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2012, 10:42 PM

Re: Joyce. (Updated @ post 23)

Oh James, I am so sorry to hear this *hugs*

Whatever you do, please don't feel like you have let your dear Joyce down ....... you have devoted your life to caring for her these past years, not many men could have done what you have. Your love for her has shone through to us.

Joyce will be well looked after in the hospital, you will be able to visit her as often as you wish. You will also be able to catch up on your badly needed rest, (you admitted yourself that you have lost weight) .... knowing that Joyce will have 24 hour care now.

Take care James, thinking of you and Joyce ....
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2012, 11:16 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this James. You have done a marvelous job for her all this time. You look after yourself now & get some well deserved rest as Mags says. ((((((( Hugs))))))
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2012, 11:39 PM

So sad James, you've looked after your Joyce like a saint, really you have. I hope the journey to the Aberdeen RI is one you can manage so that you can go and see her as often as you like and stay awhile, she'd like that. Nobody in the world could be more devoted to her than you. As Mags says, remember to get a bit of rest and try not to worry, bless you both x
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2012, 08:00 AM

Jim it is very sad that Joyce has had to go in hospital but with the best will in the world I don’t think you could have gone on looking after her indefinitely without jeopardising your own health . I hope you will take some comfort from the fact that you have done as much as anyone could for Joyce x.

Look after yourself and give Joyce a little hug from me when you visit her...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2012, 08:38 AM

(((Hugs))) to you both Jim, I know what a terrible time this must be and I feel for you and Joyce. Anyone who has coped with caring for an ailing loved one will relate to your situation. Take care of yourself...
Kath 131
Preston, Lancashire
Kath 131 is female  Kath 131 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2012, 09:07 AM

Jim I really feel for you I know it's hard for you but as everybody has said she is in the best place and you can see her everyday.

Look after yourself.

Best regards
xxx
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2012, 10:04 AM

((((((((((((Jim)))))))))))
You have worked tirelessly doing a sterling job of looking after her, and though it is hard, you have recognised the right time to let others take over her care.It's a tough decision to make, but I am sure it is right for you both.Thinking of you both.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2012, 12:30 PM

Really sorry James that you have had to let Joyce go into hospital. You have been a star looking after her. Leave everything till you have had some rest. Can you get a lift to the hospital from someone maybe. Give my best to Joyce and take care. Annie.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2012, 12:36 PM

I am sorry to hear this James, but you have done the right thing for Joyce and for yourself. Joyce is now in a place where she will have the constant care and attention she needs but the sort of care and attention that it is impossible for one carer to give. You should have no regrets, you have done your very best.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top