Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2012, 02:18 PM

Re: Let's live for a change..

I had a think a couple of years before my 60th. I usually went skiing on my birthday but for 60
I fancied a cruise to see the Northern Lights,snow mobile trip, husky sledge, anything like that.
On going to the travel agents I found all their cruises had dress codes for meals. On formal nights if you weren't in a suit and tie you had to eat elsewhere.
Reading the Telegraph I came across a company called Hurtigruten and rang them.
On my 60th birthday I crossed the Arctic circle. On that holiday I also went for a ride on a husky sledge, saw the Northern Lights and stopped the night in a snow hotel.
Following year I saw what it was like not to see the sun on a clear day. Sunrise merged with sunset for an hour. Saw the lights again.
This year got off the ship at one port, went in a mini bus part way up a mountain. Got on a snowmobile, drove around a field, then over the mountain and down the other side to meet up with the ship at the next port.(that evening 12 of us has dinner wearing ski wear

To do
see the midnight sun
Next winter a snowmobile tour in northern Norway
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2012, 03:09 PM

I am like jem,cant be bothered.I do have day dreams but really I am happy being at home now,go shopping once a week, got it down to a fine art. Even am glad to be deaf so I cant hear anyone knocking on the door so don't have to answer it. I have done my share.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2012, 07:17 PM

In the last 12 months, since my 65th birthday I've done all sorts of things I never dreamed I would do, and enjoyed every minute and long may it continue.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2012, 11:32 AM

I'm quite Happy living the Quiet Life in the Middle of Nowhere on My Laird's Farm these Days. I've had a full and Active Life before my Knee Operations pulled me up Short. I'm very lucky in the fact that I recovered so well and can do most of the things I used to do again....Especially Clydesdale Riding. Grumblewagon........Don't know if you'll get to do some Munroes but this is the View from. The summit of Buachaille etive Mor 3353 ft (Stob Dearg) in Glencoe, looking to Rannoch moor and the Glencoe road.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2012, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
..can't be bothered arguing with anyone anymore.
Oh yes you can! (just joking).

Our wish-list got restricted some years ago due to circumstances. These days though, we don't worry about it. Pleasures are based around the home and generally speaking, we're pretty content with that. Since we need to stay near the home, we spend on iPads, computers, crafting machines, TVs etc and are happy with that.

I listen with interest to other people's travelling experiences and activities and will comment on them. However, I don't envy them. Good for them if they are healthy enough to go places easily.
Banditta
New Member!
Northern Ireland
Banditta is female 

31-12-2012, 12:54 PM

Sometimes it depends on your resources but if I could afford it I'd definitely be off to whale watch and maybe a little trip to Chile.......sure I'll think of lots more to add......meanwhile keep buying the lotto ticket!
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2012, 01:18 PM

Looks good Roxy.. I'm not often in Glencoe, but I go to the Cairngorms quite a lot. A couple of times a year I also go across to Torridon and have a go at Slioch. Out nearest hill is Bennachie (about 1600 ft) which has good footpaths to the summit.

Banditta, I don't know where the nearest place to you for whale watching is, but Cromarty has a good reputation for dolphin and whale watching.
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2012, 11:22 PM

I have been on the road to change since 2008 improving myself, planing adventures all the time,daughter and I are going to London for a few days later in the month, my birthday present from her.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2013, 01:39 AM

These posts have certainly made me think. Is there anything I desperately want to do? No, can't think of anything. I count myself extremely lucky - I had a great career, ending up in a position which was challenging, influential and a huge learning curve and I am very grateful for having had that experience. We have always been fairly comfortably off and so have done a lot of travelling and now, in retirement, we have two months every year in England and Europe during our cold Tasmanian winter. This year we did a 30 day cruise from Dover through the Panama Canal via New York and Los Angeles which was magic.

I don't want to climb any mountains or ski over the alps or ford any wild rivers. Our interests are classical music, film and theatre and we go to as many events as we can as that is what I enjoy most and I have good friends with whom I regularly go shopping or eating. I honestly can't think of anything I desperately still need to do. but it's interesting to read what others want to do - or don't want to do!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2013, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by jaywalker ->
These posts have certainly made me think. Is there anything I desperately want to do? No, can't think of anything. I count myself extremely lucky - I had a great career, ending up in a position which was challenging, influential and a huge learning curve and I am very grateful for having had that experience. We have always been fairly comfortably off and so have done a lot of travelling and now, in retirement, we have two months every year in England and Europe during our cold Tasmanian winter. This year we did a 30 day cruise from Dover through the Panama Canal via New York and Los Angeles which was magic.

I don't want to climb any mountains or ski over the alps or ford any wild rivers. Our interests are classical music, film and theatre and we go to as many events as we can as that is what I enjoy most and I have good friends with whom I regularly go shopping or eating. I honestly can't think of anything I desperately still need to do. but it's interesting to read what others want to do - or don't want to do!
Jean darlin' - a challenge for you - a seat (or two) at the Konsertverein Hall in Vienna 1st January 2014 to attend the Vienna State Opera Orchestra concert held annually on 1st January.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top