Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2015, 04:47 PM

Re: Shoreham Plane Crash

Originally Posted by solo ->
As Truffles have now taken over the catering you may be grateful of the cancellation

Does logic and money ever work well together Mike !. There were high hopes when City Airways Ltd (Brighton City Airways) bought Shoreham, but it was short lived and as this webcam shows the birds out number the flights these days

http://www.flybrighton.com/webcam
Ok Solo, I know when to take no for an answer The flights to Paris/ Le Touquet look like they are still on. Truffles, had one of their brekkies during the summer, uneatable. It was featured on a recent TV prog where a expert comes in and improves it
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2015, 08:03 PM

Investigators have been studying video footage of the Hawker Hunter on it's take off from it's Essex base to display at Shoreham, one comment so far is that it took a hell of a long take off run before it became airborne and seemed to climb slowly.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/avia...-take-off.html
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2015, 11:19 PM

As I posted, that little wooden bridge with all the wreaths on was the main highway when that plane was built. I loved it and want to go back in time, can I go back in time please.
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2015, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
As I posted, that little wooden bridge with all the wreaths on was the main highway when that plane was built. I loved it and want to go back in time, can I go back in time please.
"Omnia mutantur, omnia fluunt, quod fuimus aut sumus, cras non erimus

”All things are subject to change, all things flow, tomorrow we will not be what we were yesterday or what we are today
Aardvark
New Member!
West Midlands UK
Aardvark is male 

27-08-2015, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Moyra ->
This is so tragic. Shoreham for me is a place of doom and despondency........I had a post office there 20+ years ago and it was held up and robbed three times in the five years I was there so Shoreham for me is a no go area. I just feel so badly for the families of all those innocent victims. These Air displays should be conducted over the sea, it's near enough!
Farnborough is nowhere near the sea.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2015, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Aardvark ->
Farnborough is nowhere near the sea.
We are discusssing Shoreham Airport, which is within spitting distance of the sea
dukeofearl
south coast uk

23-10-2015, 10:49 PM

One the news tonight, the ribbons tied on the bridge are being allowed to remain with additions, say the council.

This is to be followed by a more permanent memorial on the bankside.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2015, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Disaster after disaster with airshows and yet they still permit them to go ahead. It's just crazy.

There is a stunt pilot we see frequently in our local area who thinks it is cool and acceptable to perform stunts over built-up residential areas. It should be illegal and I will eventually report and complain about him. It's egotistical idiots like this who kill themselves and take others with them.
I think it's a case of the British[well some] wanting to show off old glories - our pilots once were the best during WWII - but that's all in the past -here in OZ we acknowledge Gallipoli landings by having marches in the streets not buzzing everyone overhead. Yes it is madness - not a good way to celebrate past glories

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top