Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 07:08 PM

Re: Bad start...

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
My knee jerk reaction to this is a sense of repugnance, horror and disgust.

But, then again, I have to reflect on the fact that as a public servant I never had to face harsh realities in the way you were. I guess that people like myself prostituted ourselves for the common good, whereas people like you had to run and pay for the brothels.
We come from different worlds and have lived in different worlds and probably still do.

For me it's been one hell of a ride and still is. From academia to engineering to software engineering then software engineering manager to program development manager to project management and finally project director on a couple of big hairy programs and early retirement. Throw in a couple of sabbaticals en route ----

In all of that you do what you gotta do.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I still think Carol should speak to the practice manager, for clarification.

Seems the sensible thing to do, then Carol can be sure of the correct procedure for another time.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I thought since 19th face masks were a matter of choice??

GP Surgeries and hospitals around here all have notices up asking us to still wear masks before we enter.

When you say its a matter of choice, Tabs, maybe it is a matter of choice for the docs/hospitals too - and they have chosen to ask us to wear a mask still.

I must say i wouldnt be happy sitting in a waiting room full of strangers without masks on.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

23-07-2021, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I see what you're saying Janet but I don't really know who she was. I've never seen her behind reception before - what if she IS the practice manager? I'd feel a bit of a fool!!

Carol, you should be able to see who the practice manager is on the surgery website.
I would contact him/her and explain what you were told, and ask them to clarify their rules so there is no misunderstanding next time.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 11:25 PM

Thanks Mups. I looked on the website & the practice manager is a man.

Jazzi I have taken your advice & written a complaint addressed to the practice manager. I shall hand it in at reception when I go for my shingles jab tomorrow.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 12:29 AM

You shouldn't have to wear a face mask anywhere if you have an exemption. Apparently the exemption letter should come from your gp!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 08:39 AM

Thanks Mups. I looked on the website & the practice manager is a man.

Jazzi I have taken your advice & written a complaint addressed to the practice manager. I shall hand it in at reception when I go for my shingles jab tomorrow.

Well done. Hope they respond to you.
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

24-07-2021, 09:17 AM

At reception?! LOL!

Okay, well if you must, then try to ensure you hand it into the same receptionist, and rubber stamp the envelope in big black capitals saying:

"COMPLAINT AGAINST YOUR RECEPTIONIST IN ORDER TO HAVE HER DISMISSED FOR GROSS INCOMPETENCE AND VICTIMISATION".

But try not to make it look too obvious otherwise she might tipple!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 09:35 AM

@ coder.

Well obviously I won't hand it to the woman who bullied me!!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 09:52 AM

Good for you.

Clarification is essential to patients.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top