Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2013, 03:15 PM

Re: The Paradise

[QUOTE=Mups;369357]
Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
God no, no bedroom scenes! Simply old fashioned manners. Sarah Lancashire is superb as department supervisor Miss Audrey.

I have read what has 'happened' in the interim between the two series, vis a vis Moray and Denise.
I loved the show yet not a fan of any other period drama. QUOTE]

Jazzi, I have missed something important I think. Can you tell me why that new chap now owns "The Paradise" please?
What happened to the American owner from the last series?
I'm all of a muddle now.
Moray jilted Katherine Glendenning on her wedding day to be with Denise. She met up with the Weston chap (Tom?) and his daughter and got married. I can only assume he took over ownership.

Moray was sent to Paris (not sure by whom, maybe Katherine), but she brought him back. She told hubby that she left Moray at the altar, rather than the truth. As said last night, she knows his weakness, he flirts with women, but she'd stay and be the dutiful wife.

Though Weston asserts his authority, Katherine still has some influence, saying she wants Moray to feel safe at the Paradise. I had already read about Miss Audrey leaving to be with Denise's uncle but has been left open if she ever returns.

Yes, it may be a bit dull and slow, but it's a welcome from the constant kissing and sex scenes of many other shows. I hate OTT displays of affection!! In this one they merely give a peck on the cheek. That's enough for me!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2013, 11:20 PM

[QUOTE=Jazzi;369385]
Originally Posted by Mups ->

Moray jilted Katherine Glendenning on her wedding day to be with Denise. She met up with the Weston chap (Tom?) and his daughter and got married. I can only assume he took over ownership.

Thanks for all the info Jazzi, but still don't understand how come the paradise has a different owner in the second series? Where did the previous owner & his family go (from the first series) - the American chap with the beard? Is he supposed to have died or something do you know?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2013, 08:45 AM

No, sorry I don't know. I don't know if anything was mentioned...sometimes these things are not explained!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2013, 09:57 PM

Oh well, thanks anyway Jazzi.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2013, 10:08 PM

[QUOTE=Mups;369629]

Thanks for all the info Jazzi, but still don't understand how come the paradise has a different owner in the second series? Where did the previous owner & his family go (from the first series) - the American chap with the beard? Is he supposed to have died or something do you know?
The American chap with the beard was Mr Selfridge...not the Paradise
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

29-10-2013, 10:32 PM

Nooo, the bearded one I'm on about was the previous owner of the Paradise, but you have got me thinking now .....
This chap who owns it now isn't the same chap as before is he ...
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

30-10-2013, 10:46 AM

No, Mups. Katherine met him after being jilted by Moray. Do keep up at the back, or it's a 100 lines from you!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

30-10-2013, 10:58 AM

No, Mups. Katherine met him after being jilted by Moray. Do keep up at the back, or it's a 100 lines from you!!

I k-n-o-w Jazzi me old duck, I'm on about who was the owner of the Paradise before Katherine's new beau bought it? In other words, who did this man buy it from because it had a previous owner in the last series?
I'm not going too badly bonkers am I - surely not??
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

30-10-2013, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I k-n-o-w Jazzi me old duck, I'm on about who was the owner of the Paradise before Katherine's new beau bought it? In other words, who did this man buy it from because it had a previous owner in the last series?
I'm not going too badly bonkers am I - surely not??
*takes off teacher hat*. Soz! I can't remember who owned it before. Seems an age ago, the first series. I'm hoping it'll either come out one day in the dialogue or I get fed up and Google it!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

30-10-2013, 06:24 PM

Right, according to Wikipedia. Series 1.

Moray owns The Paradise, having built it up when he was a draper's boy in Emersons. He is a widower. Financially dependent on Lord Glendenning (Patrick Malahide). Daughter Katherine expects to marry Moray. When Moray and Denise fall out she gets all local shops and stalls into a co-operative but this fails and Moray learns that Lord G owns the freehold of The Paradise and all surrounding shops. We know he follows his heart in the last episode and jilts Katherine.

Series 2.

Lord G has now died and Katherine inherits the Paradise. The store is up for sale and she brings Moray back from exile in Paris to revive the fortunes and to stop it being sold. Tom Weston, K's new husband, is determined to control his wife, and the store, over ruling Moray.

However!! Expect fireworks (and not the type brought over by Clemence!!) in the coming weeks...

There you have it, in a nutshell. Can't remember if Lord G wore a beard or not.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top