Join for free
Page 8 of 12 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
Malc.27
Pembroke U.K.
Malc.27 is male  Malc.27 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2014, 01:08 AM

Re: your car

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I can remember the time when Rover cars were considered a cut above the ordinary run of the mill makes, and it was those more wealthier people could afford them
Yes and the Rover 75 surely IS a cut above the ordinary...They are also very affordable these days.

Just check out the 'spec' of the 'Connoisseur, SE.'

Regards, Malc.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2014, 04:13 PM

Malc

I am in a position to be able and have bought a new car and my wife's car is only 4/5 years old.
If I wanted and could afford an older car it would be the 4.2 E type Jag. convertable, my dream car since being allowed to drive a friends many years ago. Sitting in the drivers seat looking down that long bonnet just sends tingles down the spine
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2014, 04:24 PM

Don't get sentimental about the rover 75, some have the same K series engines in as my MG, this only does about 500 miles a year, but I would not want to do anymore miles than that with the head gasket problems, mine has been changed for the higher spec one but I am still wary.
Fender Bender
By the pc
Fender Bender is male  Fender Bender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2014, 04:24 PM

If I may add to this conversation. Two cars I had always wanted from Jaguars range was an E Type, (the 3.8, not later ones) or an XJ6.

One day, I test drove one with a view to buying. Unfortunately, I was disappointed with it. Thats the reason I could never buy an E Type today. I'm scared that despite the fact I love the things, I'm scared that I might not like it and destroy my dreams. Does that make sense?
Malc.27
Pembroke U.K.
Malc.27 is male  Malc.27 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2014, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Don't get sentimental about the rover 75, some have the same K series engines in as my MG, this only does about 500 miles a year, but I would not want to do anymore miles than that with the head gasket problems, mine has been changed for the higher spec one but I am still wary.

Hi there,
Yes, I know what you mean about the K series...
The 2.0 litre '75 that I drive has the BMW diesel engine.

I find this forum interesting, http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/
with many knowledgeable people on there. You may already be aware of it so forgive me for mentioning it.
Regards, Malc.
Malc.27
Pembroke U.K.

13-11-2014, 04:52 PM

Malc

I am in a position to be able and have bought a new car and my wife's car is only 4/5 years old.
If I wanted and could afford an older car it would be the 4.2 E type Jag. convertable, my dream car since being allowed to drive a friends many years ago. Sitting in the drivers seat looking down that long bonnet just sends tingles down the spine
Sorry, I wasn't suggesting that you weren't able to afford one...
Regards, Malc.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2014, 06:58 PM

Sorry, I wasn't suggesting that you weren't able to afford one...
Regards, Malc.

Knew you wern't suggesting anything of the sort. The problem with the written word is you can't put any expression into it as you can face to face
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2014, 07:55 PM

What car do you have and what do you like/dislike about it?
Mine?

Nissan Xtrail Tekna new version bought 1 sept 2014. used to have a Landrover Freelander before. Why change from a 4 year old car to the above

I needed a 7 seater when my son and family stay. Like
fuel economy -cheaper road tax - more comfortable- electronic gadgets . and still a 4x4 wheel drive when required.

Don't like a little less power ( but get used to) flared front wheel arches as hard to judge car width- only one touch on driver door window.

So your likes and dislikes???
O a personal number plate...how last century
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

13-11-2014, 10:53 PM

Sue that number plate had duel purpose

I had it when I owned boarding kennels and those that saw it locally reminded them to book early for a space for their dog/cat

Next we had 3 dogs at the time and my name is barry
Hence B 3DOG
Not only that I have been offered at least 4x what I paid for it, and that is several thousands of £s, so it is an investment as well.
Even these number plate companies offered well in excess of what I paid originally.

For example P3 DOG is advertised for £2425 and with an earlier plate B it is worth half that amount again

Link check it out for yourself

http://www.plates4less.co.uk/private...ates/B3%20DOG/

Plus £80 transfer fee makes it £2505
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2014, 10:55 PM

I drive an Outlander PHEV, Hybrid....Have to say I love it...

Page 8 of 12 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top