Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2013, 07:49 AM

Re: Apple Mac

With a Mac computer you can use programs that...

* Write letters.
* Work with spreadsheets.
* Store and edit photos.
* Use the Internet, including sending and receiving e-mails.
* Watch videos.
* Play music.
* Perform a whole host of other functions.

..in fact a Mac does the much same as a Windows computer but it costs a load more money.
viking vic
west yorkshire
viking vic is male  viking vic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2013, 12:14 PM

hahaha brilliant mart says it all really
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2013, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
With a Mac computer you can use programs that...

* Write letters.
* Work with spreadsheets.
* Store and edit photos.
* Use the Internet, including sending and receiving e-mails.
* Watch videos.
* Play music.
* Perform a whole host of other functions.

..in fact a Mac does the much same as a Windows computer but it costs a load more money.

Only if you know the machine well!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2013, 02:03 PM

A very good clip Bruce, informative and done with a touch of humour, thanks.
I was shocked to hear only 10% of the electrical stuff is recycled and the rest goes into landfill.
fitou143
Essex
fitou143 is male  fitou143 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2013, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
A few snags to sort, but I am getting there, by trial and error.
Disappointed in the fact that it has no CD /DVD player on it, you need a separate piece of kit, but never mind not too expensive.
But for such great technology, you would think you would get one in it, when you pay a £1000 for it.
yes Arthur it's very much the way computers are going I noticed the new imacs had no CD/DVD drive everything is "cloud" based now and they want you download everything, films,music. Even the ipads are the same its all downloads.
Have you tried the App store for the iMac ?
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2013, 10:21 PM

Slowly getting round it Rob, yes the App most are not my cup of tea, but there are plenty that I will get round to eventually.
Some are not too badly priced and some are expensive.
I am lucky that Apple are running this free workshop, where I can get my problems sorted.
I am not used to a wireless mouse, and this one is so sensitive, you have ne wheel on it like am used to, you have to learn to scratch it's back to get the cursor to move up and down, all good fun.
It's a bit like buying a Rolls after driving a Mini, still looking for some of the controls.
fitou143
Essex
fitou143 is male  fitou143 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2013, 11:07 PM

Yes Arthur the workshops are definitely worth going to but you will soon pick it up. If you go to system preferences > mouse, you can turn the sensitivity of the mouse up or down. Yes definitely a Rolls.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2013, 12:48 AM

Wrinkly - Don't take any notice of the anti-Mac brigade. They just don't know what they are missing and have to justify their own poor choice of anything else!!

My 3 yr old Mac desktop has DVD/CD but obviously the new laptops don't for some reason. I have an ipad and iphone and I love the way they all sync together. I can be reading a book on my ipad and if I only have my iphone with me I can turn up the same page on it as on the ipad and also the same music.The range of apps is much greater than for androids and anyway, I just love the design and graphics and the lack of need for security. Here are lots more reasons:

http://apcmag.com/15_reasons_macs_ar...an_windows.htm
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2013, 08:55 AM

I've got an iPad 3 but would probably buy a Samsung or other tablet next time. I'm sure it would be just as suitable for the job and cost a lot less.

Originally Posted by jaywalker ->
Wrinkly - Don't take any notice of the anti-Mac brigade. They just don't know what they are missing and have to justify their own poor choice of anything else!!
Yup, it's a wonder I can do anything easily on my MS Windows computer.

If it's thought that Macs get less trouble than an MS Windows computer, try typing 'mac problems' into Google or other search engine.

I'm not saying that Macs are better or worse than MS Windows computers, only that they give no real advantage. Both computers do exactly the same things. It's just that you'll pay more for the Mac name and possibly some styling of the case.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

29-05-2013, 09:15 AM

To be honest I don't care, I am well pleased with the Mac.
I didn't intend this thread to become a comparison thread, just one that might help me and other Mac users.
I see it has being here to help others.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top