Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2013, 09:30 AM

Re: Apple Mac

Sorry Wrinkly but it is common for those who switch to a Mac to start the comparisons to Windows. In this thread:

-------------------------------------
but much easier than the Windows 8.

Congratulations on converting to the mac club, I have never looked back since I changed over to mac

It's a bit like buying a Rolls after driving a Mini

Yes definitely a Rolls.

Don't take any notice of the anti-Mac brigade. They just don't know what they are missing and have to justify their own poor choice of anything else!!
-------------------------

These comments are certain to make those who prefer to stay with the MS Windows platform respond. Nonetheless, I sincerely hope you enjoy your new computer.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2013, 10:56 AM

I think the CD players, the CD and the DVD itself are on the way out and I wont miss them, for example I have over 800 feature films and 4000 tunes stored on a portable hard drive, imagine the space that would take up if they were CD's or DVD's, not to mention the task of shifting through them to find what you want. I can take it anywhere and just plug it into a USB port, most TV's have an USB port now.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2013, 12:03 PM

Oooooo just seen this thread.
I'm a Mac person too.
My OH was a Graphic Designer so always used a Mac and I was 'allowed' to use one at the end of 2006, I think. Still hopelessly technophobic, mainly because OH couldn't be bothered to waste time giving me lessons and I don't blame him ! He'd been computerised since the ? 1980s ? .... a looooooong time anyway and couldn't manage to bring himself down to my level !

The first one I was allowed to use is a 21 or 22" iMac and 2 years ago we bought this 27" iMac.
I use a a small corded mouse now (Technika) and a wireless, titanium keyboard. This keyboard is a MUST for me. I have fingernails and type with them plus you don't get a load of food stuck between the keys.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2013, 12:13 PM

I can't comment on 'non-Macs' as I've never used one but OH hated them.

He sometimes had to use a 'PC' at work because that's what system was in place for the stuff that wasn't design and he (and his members of staff) were always complaining what a pain it was.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2013, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Sorry Wrinkly but it is common for those who switch to a Mac to start the comparisons to Windows. In this thread:

-------------------------------------
but much easier than the Windows 8.

Congratulations on converting to the mac club, I have never looked back since I changed over to mac

It's a bit like buying a Rolls after driving a Mini

Yes definitely a Rolls.

Don't take any notice of the anti-Mac brigade. They just don't know what they are missing and have to justify their own poor choice of anything else!!
-------------------------

These comments are certain to make those who prefer to stay with the MS Windows platform respond. Nonetheless, I sincerely hope you enjoy your new computer.
Perhaps some comments were comparing, one with the other, but I was talking from what I have had, especially Windows8.
Even Microsoft admit it is not very good at all, but this weekend I had the chance to move from the one to the other, I decided after using the iPad, I liked Apple, and the wife wanted a laptop, so I set mine up for her and looked at the Mac.
And I am sorry if my comment about moving from a Mini yo a Rolls offended, not intended at all, I am like a little kid with a new toy.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2013, 02:45 PM

I think it's just one of those discussions that can go off at a tangent. Not a bad thing in a way. Much the same happens when in proper face-to-face conversations.

I'm happy with my Windows 8 computer and should be content to quietly leave it at that. I have used a Desktop Mac a couple of years ago (and own an iPad). I reckon I could work with either. That's why I have the honest opinion that one isn't better than the other.

I promise to try and leave it at that so that from now on, this might be the Mac advice thread you wanted it to be.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

29-05-2013, 03:56 PM

I often wish I had experienced a non-Mac so I could form my own opinion and join in discussions
Amanda
Derby
Amanda is female 

02-06-2013, 09:05 PM

Another Mac convert here, have been for just over a year and i love it, I also had trouble with the Magic mouse to begin with but now its brilliant.

Amanda x
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2013, 09:26 AM

Right Mac users, anti virus or no anti virus, I am told that Apple no longer say they are totally safe.
It has been suggested I load Sophos foc on my Mac.
Your views please!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

25-06-2013, 09:27 AM

Oh God .... is that true ?

I shall see if I can get the family expert to comment

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top